Energiser or Mag Recharable

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you need it for? Pure throw? Does it have to be rechargeable?
I would suggest A normal 3C maglite with one of THESE. They are very well made, and should give you 6+ hours of runtime. I don't really know much about the options of D rechargeables are, but I know that there are options. Some of the other people on this forum probably can tell you what they are.
Apparently there are a lot of mods for the Magcharger, so that is also an option if you get one of those.

Last edited:

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
To answer the question asked: Magcharger.

Much more room for upgrades later, and it's about twice as bright (I think) stock. There's a great thread on how to upgrade a Magcharger that I cant find (well, don't want to find @ 4:30 AM). Simplest being the Mag61, a simple bulb swap with a layer of mica sheet to keep the switch mechanism cool. Takes two minutes, doubles the output.

Last edited:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of the slim/pistol grip spotlights I have seen are pathetic at best,even those that claim 1,000,000 candlepower.Earlier this evening I was out in the bush (this is Canada;there is bush everywhere!)and I decided to test my new Dereelight CL1H V4 MC-E (400+ Lumens) against my Magcharger with a Phillips 5761 bulb.Long story short:the mag has 3x the throw and 2x the spill!!!But of course the mag is 2.5x the length and 4x the weight.The Magcharger has been around for 20-30 years and can still kick the crap out of any LED with a little upgrade!!!

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What are you going to use the light for?

I haven't see reviews of the Energizer light so I don't know how well it works or how bright it is.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spotlight runs for three hours at ... oh dear, that's minutes, not lumens. At probably 250 lumens, tops. Real world, probably less than 200 lumens from a single-core Cree. But they don't tell you what you're getting, which scares me. How much is this spotlight? Nevermind, just found the price. Owch. Magcharger's more bang for the buck.