Good EDC lights? Tell me your favorite :)

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Hey guys,

What is your favorite edc light?
This might bring up some inspiration for me xD, and i'd like to know what fellow flashaholics prefer :p

Mine is the PD20 because of its pretty smooth form, small sice, good output.
It's not working atm so i'm not using it for now.

:wave:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a soft spot for my McLux III PD-S. I love the piston drive and an the overall look and feel. Even though it's not the brightest it is still an awesome EDC. The only reason I don't carry it more often is I pocket carry my gear and it is a tad big.

Gary007

Newly Enlightened
I've got these in my current rotation: Nitecore EX10 - Liteflux LF3XT - Ra Clicky 140 - Surefire L1 (and an Ra Twisty 85 that didn't make the photoshoot)
3256210863_415bf9b3c9.jpg

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have a lot of very good light and that makes it difficult(impossible) to pick my EDC favorites, at the current time I am carrying the 3 lights in the foreground:
DSC_3217.jpg

chaoss

Enlightened
Right now?
That would be the RA Twisty 100TW, and if i can find someone to drill/tap it for a carry clip that i have it will become the ultimate EDC for my needs.

Honorable mention goes to the Novatac 120P and SureFire E1B.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
I'm now never without my Aeon. 2 levels, long runtime, regulated output and built like a tank.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I have a lot of very good light and that makes it difficult(impossible) to pick my EDC favorites, at the current time I am carrying the 3 lights in the foreground:
DSC_3217.jpg

I'm thinking of buying that Dereelight EDC (small one), you like it I guess?
It has good output? I seem to not be able to find outputs on dereelight lights.

P.S. Great collection of lights in the background!!!:popcorn:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I EDC'd a P2D (previous version of the PD20) for many months until I came across JetBeam. The Jet I Mk IBS that I carry now outputs 2-225 lumens on a single 14500/AA cell, 50 hours runtime on minimum, with infinitely variable brightness control and three user-settable modes, and the exact same beam profile as a Fenix.

It's worth looking into if you'd like to see the next step beyond Fenix offerings (though I still have all my Fenix lights :thumbsup: )

HKJ

Flashaholic
I'm thinking of buying that Dereelight EDC (small one), you like it I guess?
It has good output? I seem to not be able to find outputs on dereelight lights.

I like most of my lights, but they all have some good and some bad abilities. The C2H has a good WOW factor, but I do not like to depend on it for longer time, there I prefer the CL1H (or the LF2X with its current programming).
I believe that the C2H Dereelight is just about the most powerful light that runs on a single CR123/16340 battery, but that also means that it is very fast at draining batteries (if I run it on high)!

P.S. Great collection of lights in the background!!!:popcorn:

It is only a small part of my collection, but includes many of my better lights.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC_3217.jpg

What light is that on the far left, the one that looks like SS?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda mundane compared to above, but for me, the Fenix L0D/LD01 family provides first class reliability, efficiency, and performance in a minimal package.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I EDC'd a P2D (previous version of the PD20) for many months until I came across JetBeam. The Jet I Mk IBS that I carry now outputs 2-225 lumens on a single 14500/AA cell, 50 hours runtime on minimum, with infinitely variable brightness control and three user-settable modes, and the exact same beam profile as a Fenix.

It's worth looking into if you'd like to see the next step beyond Fenix offerings (though I still have all my Fenix lights :thumbsup: )

I know, my Jetbeam 2 IBS arrived TODAY and I totally love it, the self programming is fantastic, it's smaller than I thought.
Only down side is that for the label "pocket rocket" I thought you would get a smooth reflector, but I got a orange peel. Stupid me, had to look more carefully before buying but still, no regrets!:)

Anybody knows if the Eagletac 1 CR123 is pocketable, some people are praising them into heaven...

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Kinda mundane compared to above, but for me, the Fenix L0D/LD01 family provides first class reliability, efficiency, and performance in a minimal package.

Yea, i've thought about the LDO1, probably gonna get it for with my keys, but still looking for a HIGH output EDC, for in the pocket, I have room so no need to cut on size awfull much :p

kramer5150

Flashaholic
RC-N3-Q5 from shiningbeam is in an even tie with the leatherman LGX-200. They have different strengths and weaknesses, so its hard for me to pick just one. They are both bomb-proof reliable and won't break your wallet.

dscn0281qi4.jpg

dscn0282bw8.jpg

dscn0288uh2.jpg

dscn0287mn6.jpg

dscn0284ar4.jpg

dscn0285mb2.jpg