• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Triple MC-E ADDED TRI SSC P7 Copper host

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that I would give you all a choice and add a Tri P7 to the already offered MC-E

Triple MC-E (4WT-A2-0000-000M03 bin) Rated @ 490 lumen @350mah
Led's run at max current of 2.8amps
Individual Leds wired parallel with the string wired in series
Silver Mag Host approximately 1d size
Grooved handle, boring and machining by Will Quiles
Perfect tri - quad sink
Thick UCL Glass
Ledil Boom SS Narrow Beam reflectors
Monetary switch with mod for flat nosed batteries
Tail cap modded for use with 4 X 14670 battery holder
Regulated current by the new Hipflex by Taskled set at 2.8 amps and is between 90 to 95% efficient
uses new UI-UNI dimming firmware

• UI-uni Firmware:
  • Unification of UIF/UIP firmware with the UIB2 firmware.
  • 3 user configurable voltage trip points to set independent Medium, Low warning levels and Cutoff.
  • If an optional 3mm or 5mm status LED is connected, the user can configure the status LED to warn when the voltage reaches Medium (status LED lights constant) or Low (status LED flashes).
  • Temperature monitoring of driver board. If closely coupled with the light's body, it can be user configured to force the current output to reduce. Optional trip points of 50, 60, 70, 80, 90C or off.
  • UIB2: Bike optimized, Choice of 2 level (duomode) or 5 level (multimode) operating modes.
  • UIF: 8 level dimming, fixed lighting use optimized..
  • UIP: 5 level dimming, flashlight use optimized. .
  • User selectable optional Force level (the level that the light will always turn back on).
  • Optional superlock that requires multiple clicks to turn the light on - prevents friends turning your light on accidentally.
  • UIB2: User selectable Strobe mode or Constant mode for day/dusk or night use

triMC-E.jpg

Silvertri.jpg

This light is super bright with lots of spill.
I use a house to test out lights that is about 200 to 225 yards away, and I have many lights that light up this house
but this light does that plus the houses on each side.

Price is $290 Shipped Conus Int. quoted

Thanks
Dave

I am adding a Tri P7 To go along with the above offered Tri MC-E

Triple SSC Seoul P7 (DSXOJ bin) Rated @ 800 to 900 lumen @2.8 amps per die
Led's are wired in series and are Direct Driven
Copper Mag host with Grooved Handle & Finned Head
Host Machined by Mack Tri Bored to accomadate a FM 3 X 17670 holder ( not furnished) Can be purchased with light
Modified PES universal sink from the sandwich shoppe
IMS smooth reflectors Replaced with Ledil Boom S narrow beam reflectors for SSC P7
Monetary switch wired with Mil Spec Teflon Wire
Tail cap modded for use with 3 X 17670 battery holder
Latest d2Flex Driver ( UIP: 5 level dimming, flashlight use optimized )

coppertri7outside.jpg
coppertri7front.jpg

Grooved Handle & Finned Head By Mack
backsink.jpg
coumpoundinhead.jpg
triledsink.jpg

Wanted more mass for heat sink so I added 5 pennies shows thermal compound under sink

Price is $325 Shipped Conus Int. quoted

Paypal cash or CC add 3% PM for addy First I will take it gets it.

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Triple MC-E

I need some more details.

What's the total emitter lumen output?

What are the potential cell choices for this? How much voltage does it need?

If it runs on a 4x17670 holder, why the flat-battery switch mod?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi all

The body has been bored so you can use either the 3X or the 4X which is a little snug but still very usable. It looks like anywhere between 12 & 16 vin keeps the driver at above 90% when pushing three P7's and these are essentially the same when run at 2.8 amp

Donn I just do that on all the switches anymore, your right with this holder it doesn't make a difference just me not thinking.
As for the lumens the Crees specs for M bin is 490 lumen at 350mah and we are running at 700mah per die so if that was true then they would be around 900 plus per led. Cell choices Donn are pretty much what is listed above I would imagine, I don't think any single cell will push it.
I have had this built for awhile and have tried several solutions driver wise and this was the only single driver that would furnish 2.8 at full power and when dimmed not make the led's flash and flicker.

Dave

ergotelis

Enlightened

How much costs shipping to Greece for this? Is battery holder included?
I didn't understand well, can 4x17670 be used?Or only 4x 14670 and 3x17670?
THanks!

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always get those two mixed up, you are correct either a 4 x 14670 or a 3 X 17670. Sorry I mix those two up 9 out of ten times.
No the battery holder is not included but they are optional

add $10 for uninsured postage to Greece

Thanks

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope you're sure about that price Dave. Its frequently $10 overseas without tracking or insurance, $30 with insurance/tracking.

Hi Gary I need to look but I think I said uninsured or with out insurance was ten extra since some is figured in. It is about 18 bucks to Greece according to my stamps program

cool light. how many lumens is it? i think i missed that part.

Hi Jason the cree data sheet says Mbin is 490@350mah and we are running at 700mah per die or 2.8 per led which equals 900 lumens plus per led.

Dave

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

do you think you're getting the expected 8.4 amps out of the batteries. i guess thats not impossible for a couple lithium ions. whats the runtime. if i did my math right you're saying 2700 bulb lumens on this light. does it seem that bright to you? is there just the one available?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

do you think you're getting the expected 8.4 amps out of the batteries. i guess thats not impossible for a couple lithium ions. whats the runtime. if i did my math right you're saying 2700 bulb lumens on this light. does it seem that bright to you? is there just the one available?

Hi Jason

The individual leds are wired in parallel and the string is wired in series so the current stays the same at 2.8 I believe and the voltage is added and would be around 10.5 volts.
With the regulator used I am pretty sure we are getting the 2.8 amps we are supposed to, it is most certainly bright. When I first cranked it up to 2.8 I watched a weak Led (I knew it was not right) die very quickly when brought to full brightness.
I will try to get some run times. Run times on high may be determined by heat. It tends to be a good hand warmer on high after a few minutes and the heat is more from the leds rather than the driver. There are eight brightness levels and I ran it on five or six for 45 minutes and the batteries had not reached the cutoff yet and the head was just barely warm.

As I said early it is very bright with lots of spill and the reflectors give a very smooth ring with no dark center. i will try to get a beam shot later.

This is all I have built but have several hosts that can be used and other leds also in neutral colors if wanted.

Thanks

dave

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool Light! and Great Price though are you sure 3x17670 fits? Typically you need to tri-bore for 3x17mm cells :) If the light was completly bored to fit 3x17670's with a holder I don't think you would have any tail threads :)

Mac

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

You may be right Mac. I have been using 14670 in that holder since my 17670 batteries are still drunk somewhere on chinese new year and have not arrived. I may have taken something for granted. I thought a full tube boar would work I will have to try when arrives but I am sure you know what is up.
If so then sorry for the disinformation. :eek:

Dave

beetleguise

Enlightened

Interested, but aren't 14670 only 900 mah? Wouldn't that be stressing the cells too much?
Thanks!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Beetleguise

I really don't believe that with three or four depending on the holder that there would be any problem. The driver I am using is made to work with three or more large hi power LED's and is above 90 percent efficient with the voltage we are using. This driver also shuts off the light when the battery level gets to a certain point of discharge.
I do not have a figure as to run time but will try to get you one but on high it definitely uses battery power rapidly since any of the quad die leds are real power hogs. Now if you back it down a couple of notches you can get very usable run times and little heat. The driver has 8 drive levels even at level 6 it is at least as bright as any P7 single.
This is more like the Ostars on high they eat through batts and heat up fairly quickly when pushed hard but are very reasonable if dialed back a notch but they sure are fun on high for awhile.

Thanks

Dave

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

ok, so it's getting 2.8 amps each led at roughly 3.6volts or do you mean since its wired in parallel that its 10.8 volts, and therefore the whole setup is getting 2.8 amps on high.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

ok, so it's getting 2.8 amps each led at roughly 3.6volts or do you mean since its wired in parallel that its 10.8 volts, and therefore the whole setup is getting 2.8 amps on high.
Hi Jason

I have a chart that oceanview sent from off the forum that shows all the different configurations of MC-E and for a parallel wired MC-E the total current per LED is 2.8amps and then to wire the three leds in series the current stays constant or 2.8 amps and the voltage is added incrementally or 10.8 for 3 leds if more or less leds it would be No. of Leds * Vf of led = total vf
If the string of leds were to be wired in parallel then you would add the current but that would require more than 8 amps but would only need 3.6 volts.

Hope this helped.

Dave

PS I will see if I can find the link to the chart it is a great source because it shows all configs. and numbers for both 350mah & 700 mah per die wired all ways 4P,2S2P, 4S. I will look for it a bit later.

Latest posts