What single AA EDC lights you guys enjoy?

Forgoten214

Enlightened
What AA EDC lights you guys carry and use? Anything out there with a pocket clip. Sometimes carrying a light in a holster all day is a pain. I been looking at the Jetbeam JET-1 PRO R2. Any comments or thoughts welcome. :twothumbs

I'd go with a Fenix L1D if it had a pocket clip available. Give me some stats and some of your thoughts. Options are great. :)

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
You know, the first one that came to mind is the old fashioned CMG Ultra-G. I still use one regularly, though I don't EDC it very often. It is a low powered light, probably not what you're looking for. I used to have a Fenix L1p but gave it to a friend when Cree lights came out. Neither of these has a clip.

The only 1aa light with a good clip I can think of is the LRI Proton series, which might be to your liking. But, I'm not familiar with the Jetbeam that you mention.

drmaxx

Enlightened
I am using my Nightcore D10 daily. Has a clip and is fairly short. The light gives you a good grip even if it's soaking wet. It is great to be able to use exactly the appropriate amount of light you need. Under (time) pressure I find the user interface somewhat clumsy. But maybe that's just me.

Forgoten214

Enlightened
You know, the first one that came to mind is the old fashioned CMG Ultra-G. I still use one regularly, though I don't EDC it very often. It is a low powered light, probably not what you're looking for. I used to have a Fenix L1p but gave it to a friend when Cree lights came out. Neither of these has a clip.

The only 1aa light with a good clip I can think of is the LRI Proton series, which might be to your liking. But, I'm not familiar with the Jetbeam that you mention.

Yeah. I was interested in something along the lines of a Fenix L1D with a pocket clip. Nothing too fancy. Just an everyday item.

Forgoten214

Enlightened
My own personal favorite for a 1xAA light is the NiteCore D10. There is a clip for it available but it is sold separately.

Ahh yes. I do like this light allot. Funny you mention that because I was just watching some reviews on this light on Youtube. Piston drive system seems nice. I believe you can leave these lights with the batterys in and they wont use up the battery while they are turned off. You say there is an aftermarket pocket clip? Does this clip also fit some of there other similiar sized models? I would like both a holster and pocket clip just incase I want to switch up depending on clothing.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
You say there is an aftermarket pocket clip? Does this clip also fit some of there other similiar sized models? I would like both a holster and pocket clip just incase I want to switch up depending on clothing.

I have some photos of my NiteCore D10 and EX10 with the pocket clips attached in *** The Nitecore D10 / EX10 Photo Thread!! ***.

As for the clip fitting on other similar sized lights, according to this thread the D10 clip will also work on the LiteFlux LF5 XT:

found a clip for the LF5XT

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Olight t-10 with the t-15 aa battery tube. I like the UI. I just wish it wouldn't have the strobe or sos.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately, I have been enjoying the Cree version Energizer 1AA purchased at Target for $17.99.

It is quite bright, has a white tint, and runs cool for 2 hours and 21 minutes on a Duracell low self discharge NiMH battery. I like the forward clicky tailcap switch which has momentary action.

After taking the photo below I reversed the clip for bezel down carry, though it usually rides in the back pants pocket or a belt case.

It is bright enough for day and night and I don't have to baby it.

I also use a Photon Proton Pro and Leatherman LGX200 (aka Fenix L1T v2).

energizer1aa-protonpro-lgx200.jpg

Forgoten214

Enlightened
D10 :rock:

I like the D10 except I like click on and off tailcaps. So that it doesn't accidentally turn itself on in my pocket or w/e. Also is it true that these lights wont use battery life while in the off mode? Whats the benefits of the piston system.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I rotate my EDC between 3 different lights. They are usually in a jacket or jeans/trouser pocket, so I don't usually use a holster. A pocket clip isn't too important to me either. The lights are:

Fenix LD10
Nitecore D10
Nitecore Defender

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the D10 except I like click on and off tailcaps. So that it doesn't accidentally turn itself on in my pocket or w/e. Also is it true that these lights wont use battery life while in the off mode? Whats the benefits of the piston system.

D10 switch is click on and off, but piston drive, not clicky.
If you want to prevent accidental turn on, simply unscrew the tailcap half a turn. For the benefits of the piston system, please refer to here
Hope these help. :grin2: