Fenix Headband

nenadrad

Newly Enlightened
Anyone knows, does Fenix TK11 R2 fits Fenix Headband ? Headband supports torches untill 22mm, but i cant find TK11 body dimension.
Thanks.

Jaywalk3r

Banned
And the answer is NO, TK11 will not fit. It is designed only for flashlights with 18-22mm diameter. Works well with L2D and E20 :D

I can't say for certain, as I don't have a TK here, but the PD series, which also uses CR123A cells has a barrel diameter of 21.5 mm. I doubt the barrel diameter of the TK is any larger than that of the PD, even though the TK has a larger head than the PD.

Plus, it wouldn't be very smart for a company to release a headband with flashlight mounts, without being able to utilize it to mount the company's top model line.

Jaywalk3r

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say for certain, as I don't have a TK here, but the PD series, which also uses CR123A cells has a barrel diameter of 21.5 mm. I doubt the barrel diameter of the TK is any larger than that of the PD, even though the TK has a larger head than the PD.

I'm pretty sure because I have Fenix TK11 here :nana:
The barrel diameter of TK models is 1" or 25mm.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Fenix headband and only the E series Surefires fit. Originally I got it thinking the 6P/G2 could fit.:eek:

I was using it with a Surefire E1E with a E to C collar and a 6P head. Oh yeah and it had a Malkoff P7.:thumbsup:

Next I want to see if I can find two cheap Deal Extreme hosts that are P60 compatible. Then I can drop in a set of R2's from DX or Malkoff M30WF in them.

Any recomendations on DX lights that are P60 compatible and will fit the Fenix headband????????

Thanks,
bigchelis

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I wasn't really bummed though when I tried to fit my TK11 in the headband and failed. I think it would be too heavy for this design...

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a big Fenix fan, I currently have nearly their whole collection...

I won't buy the headband though, seems arkward to me. I bought a Litexpress Liberty 115 which nobody knows here, 130 Lumen, quadratic beam. :eek:

I just preffer Fenix lights in my hand, not around my head!

rlichter

Newly Enlightened

Plus, it wouldn't be very smart for a company to release a headband with flashlight mounts, without being able to utilize it to mount the company's top model line.

Jaywalk3r

They are not a smart company apparently: the TK11 has too large a diameter for the Fenix headband. No reason they couldn't make a larger clamp to fit the headband to accommodate the TK11. Far as I know they do not, however.

AusKipper

Enlightened
They should also make a clamp for the TK40, shouldn't they? :D

Hell Yes!!, if Fenix are listening though, i would like to be able to mount the TK40 on the top/centre of my head, with the new fancy side holders able to fit in my TK10 (and soon to come TK11 R2), so I would then have a centre mount TK40 with the TK10/11 above my ears......

630 + 225 + 240 = 1095 lumins..... ooooohhh I want that

Fenix.... Please??

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Fenix headband and a Surefire G2Z definitely fits. Now 2 of those on each side with Malkoff MC-E warm flood..:poke:

albert

Enlightened
i wish fenix can make me a headband that allow me to mount 2 X TK40, each on one side of my head with a separate battery pack that can take 16 X D-cell, so no need to carry spare batt.

AusKipper

Enlightened
i wish fenix can make me a headband that allow me to mount 2 X TK40, each on one side of my head with a separate battery pack that can take 16 X D-cell, so no need to carry spare batt.

Is that for night-time driving to supplement the headlights?? or are you just going to do away with the vehicle headlights all together? :p

gooseman

Newly Enlightened
The EagleTac P100C2 works exceptionally well in a Fenix headband. I was using an LD20, but the LD20 with 2 NiMH batteries was 10g heavier than the P100C2 with a 17670. Since I use this trail running at night, I prefer the lighter option. And the P100C2 is plenty bright on turbo, without messing up peripheral vision as much as other lights I tried. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

hdphoto

Newly Enlightened
German made Litexpress Liberty 115... which nobody knows here. Re: Fenix Headband

I am a big Fenix fan, I currently have nearly their whole collection...

I won't buy the headband though, seems arkward to me. I bought a Litexpress Liberty 115 which nobody knows here, 130 Lumen, quadratic beam. :eek:

I just preffer Fenix lights in my hand, not around my head!

Hey I know about LiteXpress! Made in Germany. Not sold in N.America, only Europe. I am in Germany for the last few months and I really like the LiteXpress line. I am looking at just getting their small 32g Liberty 105 headlamp with a 50 hr burn time with 2 lithium 3v cr2032 COIN CELL batteries. Have any of you guys tried this ultralite headlamp? Or maybe its bigger brother, the Liberty 113, with more functions and features (incl a rear red led) that runs on 3x AA batteries? Love to hear some feedback on their usefulness and quality, etc.
See: http://www.litexpress.de/de/stirnlampen/liberty/liberty-105/

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
"LiteXpress" products are designed and made in China by a big OEM manufacturer. They just use "LiteXpress" brand on the German market...