MC-E or P7 Single CR123 light?

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Ok, I did a search on this but there is not much data.....and "MC-E" & "P7" are too short of terms to search for. I searched for "single", "brightest", "cree", and did not find anything useful.

So I'm beginning to gain an interest in an extremely small, bright, CR123 running light. I don't care about runtime or how hot it gets. This will be for short bursts anyways. Small reflector, big reflector, makes no difference.

Basically, I'd like the most amount of lumens from a single CR123. Anyone have any recommendations??? Thank you for your help......in advance.:thumbsup:

I already have the IMR16340 (123 size) ready to put in this high drain unit.

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Not one light that uses a P7 or MC-E in that thread.

Maybe they don't even exist......unless they are custom made.

Sorry to mislead you . . . I was working off of what you said here,

So I'm beginning to gain an interest in an extremely small, bright, CR123 running light. I don't care about runtime or how hot it gets. This will be for short bursts anyways. Small reflector, big reflector, makes no difference.

not the P7 or MC-E desire because I didn't think they existed. They're having enough trouble running these off of a single 18650 so a single CR123 seemed very unlikely to me, until I saw that link above.

Good luck in your search.

gsnorm

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to mislead you . . . I was working off of what you said here,

not the P7 or MC-E desire because I didn't think they existed. They're having enough trouble running these off of a single 18650 so a single CR123 seemed very unlikely to me, until I saw that link above.

Good luck in your search.

Running a P7 off of a single 18650 is no trouble at all actually. The Elektrolumens EDC-P7, Malkoff P7 drop-in and several DX offerings all work pretty well. :D

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Yes, Kai and DealX have many single 18650 P7 and MC-E light available.....but no single CR123.

The other thread is interesting.......just some custom parts someone put together to achieve one such item I'm looking for. I doubt he is selling them.

I'll broaden my search to 2xCR123 since I have 2 of those IMR batteries. Any recommendations anyone?

easilyled

Flashaholic
ArcMania has made several P7 lights that are CR123 sized.
MegaExtreme and MegaMicro are some that come to mind.
There is a MegaMicro pre-sale in B/S/T if you're willing to spend around 400 bucks.
There are also some MegaMicro lights being sold in Lighthound.

Some of these use the Diamond Dragon instead of the P7 but both are rated at around the 400 lumen mark by ArcMania.

I think these are probably emitter lumens rather than torch lumens, but they're still very bright for a light this size.

1 buck for each lumen output. A bargain. ;)