Looking for a 300+ lumen LED light!!

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any lights out there below $150.00 or so that put out 300 or more lumens of light?? I want to buy something I do not need!!!:devil:. I will only buy from US vendors and would like something of some quality. Any suggestions????

Mike

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing.....I would prefer that it ran on an 18650 and was well regulated!

Mike

deranged_coder

Enlightened
JetBeam M1X is supposed to have 450 lumens out the front, 700 lumens at the emitter. Can run on 2 x 18650. As far as buying from a US vendor, BugOutGear has them for $149 (though there is a CPF discount available to take it lower).

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmmm, there are lights out there that fit your specs, but I don't think any of the ones below 150 are made in the U.S.
The TK40, which is coming out soon sounds like it would be exactly what you want, but they are made in china.
EDIT: Oh vendors.....and 18650.....sorry just ignore my post.

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to ask Pacific Tactical Solutions about the
Wolf Eyes MC-E. With the cpf discount it's $148.80

jblackwood

Enlightened
Buy a DBS with an MC-E pill and an extension tube from Flashcrazy. He has a thread in the vendor section and shipping is free. The light puts out more than 400 lumens (some say 500+) and runs at constant brightness for one hour and 45 minutes (my own trials, not just others' statements).

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Is there any lights out there below $150.00 or so that put out 300 or more lumens of light?? I want to buy something I do not need!!!:devil:. I will only buy from US vendors and would like something of some quality. Any suggestions????

Mike

For throw or wide flood?

No emitter preference? Pretty much anything with an MC-E or P7 emitter will put out 300+ lumens.

A few others come close like the Eagletac lights. The Sunlite Eagle 8w is 300+ from a single die emitter and is a thrower.

Any you prefer (1) 18650?

Any why domestic only?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
tiablo ace....i also saw a thread comparing a dbs mce vs ace and dbs was very unimpressive :thinking:

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Go to Electrolumens.com and get one of Waynes EDC lights with a P7. 700 lumens and runs on one 18650 and its made in the USA. You can check him out in the MFGs section of CPF. Oh and its only 130.00

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for the many suggestions. The JetbeamM1X look interesting, but that sure is an odd two stage light...10 or 450 lumens! I love Wolf Eyes lights and that may be my best bet. I would like a good balance between spill and throw. The Sunlite Eagle looks different, but I do not want a light saber..:p. A MC-E or P7 emitter is probably my best bet. I would prefer a single 18650 setup if that is possible. Looks like Wolfeyes that that, although the runtime is so-so at 70 minutes.

Mike

wbp

Enlightened
The light puts out more than 400 lumens (some say 500+) and runs at constant brightness for one hour and 45 minutes (my own trials, not just others' statements).

I *measured* over 500 lumens from the DBS MC-E using accurate instrumentation. Is that "some say"? :tinfoil:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I *measured* over 500 lumens from the DBS MC-E using accurate instrumentation. Is that "some say"? :tinfoil:

That looks real good! Who sells them here in the US? I clicked the links given, but could not make out much over all the info about the many versions of their lights. I had a hard time even finding a photo of the light.

Mike

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
tiablo ace....i also saw a thread comparing a dbs mce vs ace and dbs was very unimpressive :thinking:

I have an ACE on loan from 4sevens.com and the DBS MC-E. Now, I have a DBS MC-E 2.4A and it's nearly as bright as the Tiablo ACE, but it won't throw as far as the ACE when the ACE is fully focused. With that said, I saw those beam shots where the DBS looked unimpressive. While I wouldn't expect it to light up the distant target as well, I would expect to see similar brightness on the ground. However, he most likely had the 2.1A MC-E pill, but even then it seems like there shouldn't be that much difference. Maybe it was accidentally set to medium instead of high? I will be taking beam shots of my DBS MC-E 2.1A and 2.4A and the Tiablo ACE.

Back on topic, the Dereelight CL1H V4 with a MC-E would be an option for 300+ lumens, you can order an extension tube to run 2x18650, or run 2xR123's without the extension tube. The DBS will offer better heat sinking and more throw when used with the DBS pill.

neoseikan

Enlightened

Em. William, do you have a wolfeyes storm? I am interested in the output of these 3 LED lights.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Thank you all for the many suggestions. The JetbeamM1X look interesting, but that sure is an odd two stage light...10 or 450 lumens!

Your have got that wrong, the low level is adjustable to any level your wish from 10 to max lumens or you could select a strobe instead of the low level.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your have got that wrong, the low level is adjustable to any level your wish from 10 to max lumens or you could select a strobe instead of the low level.

For the M1X, i think it would be more accurate to state that it is a 2 stage light.

1st stage : MAX output
2nd stage: programable using the IBS UI from minimal to max and includes variable strobe (1hz to 15hz) and SOS as well.

Its sort of like the Jet III Military.

Would love to get it!

jblackwood

Enlightened

After that DBS-bashing thread written by Tiablo fanatics (just messing around guys) I didn't want anyone to jump on me for making statements I've read out of literature, since I have no way of measuring lumens. If you check my tagline, I enthusiastically support Dereelight and EDC my CL1H AND DBS R2 (the DBS MC-E stays at home since it's a little big, but I carry it at night). Jay got some new reflectors that may put the DBS into the same league as the Tiablo MC-E as far as throw goes . . . I'm just not sure of the availability of the newer reflectors. Things are still kind of slow due to the Chinese New Year so merchandise has been a little slow coming out of that side of the world.

Jay wouldn't sell the MC-E reflectors or pills for the CL1H because he said they get way too hot. You can still get them both from the website but it'll take at least 2-3 weeks.