LED drop in for Surefire 618 light?

Soul Man

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire 618 fore end for my Remington Shotgun.

I want to install an aftermarket LED (Plan a Malkoff or Tactical Night Vision). The 618 use P60 lamp/reflectors, so I would think/hope the drop in's would work, but want to know if anyone has done it (both manufacturers only list the models that they have tested the lamps in and don't promise they'll work in others).

Soul Man

Newly Enlightened
Apparently the TNVC (Tactical Night Vision Corp) Cree LED drop-in does NOT work with a Surfire 618.

The cylinder part of the LEd unit is just BARELY too wide to fit inside the 618. A very small amount of sanding may fix it, but I'm not sure I'm going to try it...

Just FYI

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measure the cylindrical part of the TVNC drop-in (actually, OpticsHQ TLS, which is the same product) to be 0.862" diameter. A Deal Extreme 6090 drop-in measures 0.854" diameter. I know the DX6090 fits in a SureFire shotgun fore-end. Hard to believe that 0.008" matters. I measure 0.873" inside diameter for the "well" in a weaponlight body were the drop-in would sit. Thus, at least for my SF gear, there is plenty of room for the TVNC drop-in to fit.