Pelican Mitylite Magnum 2AA vs SF E1 beamshot

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been very impressed with the beam quality of these little Pelicans. I took these beamshots for posting in B/S/T but thought I would throw them in over here for those that might be interested in them. Pictures are taken with the lights six feet away from a normal cinder block wall.

Pelican 2AA on the left, Surefire E1 on the right:
fc23bb3c.jpg

Pelican 2AA by itself. Here you can get a better idea of the size of the hotspot by using the block it is pointed at for reference:
fc23bb3e.jpg

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
revolvergeek said:
I have been very impressed with the beam quality of these little Pelicans. I took these beamshots for posting in B/S/T but thought I would throw them in over here for those that might be interested in them. Pictures are taken with the lights six feet away from a normal cinder block wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! I've been wanting to see a beam shot of the Mitylite 2aa. You think that the magnum(tailcap switch version right?) and the regular 2aa are the same? cause im wanting the regular version because it's smaller.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
V8t,

Sorry to here that. I have had very good luck with them. I have one of these that has been bouncing around in the truck for a couple months now, and a 3C Pelikan that is on the same bulb agter almost 6 years. I have a coupld 2AAA that are older that than on the original bulbs. I don't run any of them a lot, and I don't toss them around when I can avoid it, but they have all gotten dropped and banged a pretty good bit.

Tkl,

You want a beamshot??

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
revolvergeek said:
V8t,

You want a beamshot??

[/ QUOTE ] nah, just making a suggestion to the poster. he was comparing the E1 lamp against the mitylite, i find the KL bezel on the E1 superior to the lamp.

Skyline

Enlightened
I've had good luck with Pelican lights and abuse. I've never broken a lamp.

The only problem with the MityLites is that their beams are TOO narrow for me. The Super MityLite (2AAA) shoots a pinpoint of light. LOL.

Pelican > Maglite

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif