• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: McGizmo Modded Surefire L1 PRT

Monolith

Enlightened
First "I'll take it post" (without qualifications) in this thread gets it.

Classic McGizmo mod with a two stage switch and two CR123 operation with PRT head. Very nice condition. Includes the delrin stand for tailstanding the light. This is the original light that started the delrin stand rush. LED has a slight purplish corona artifact (outside the hotspot) - only visible on white walls.

Price: $275 shipped USPS priority in continental US.

L1SideA.jpg

L1SideB.jpg

L1Clip.jpg

L1Reflector.jpg

L1Reflector2.jpg

L1LED.jpg

L1Parts.jpg

L1OpenEndA.jpg

L1Tail.jpg

L1Tailstand.jpg

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: FS: McGizmo Modded Surefire L1 PRT

Awsome light & a very rare classic! It's even got one of Don's delrin guards which are my favorite! A simple emitter swap will bring this up to date but it's still an awsome light even with the Luxeon. Many may not even know about these & are missing out! Good luck with the sale!

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awsome light & a very rare classic! It's even got one of Don's delrin guards which are my favorite! A simple emitter swap will bring this up to date but it's still an awsome light even with the Luxeon. Many may not even know about these & are missing out! Good luck with the sale!

+1!

A lot of work went into these cramming 2 cells into a 1 cell light. As a result Donn made very few.

It took me a couple years to find mine, they don't come up for sale very often.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

+2

A few of these gems were made by Don approximately five years ago to the month. Highly labor intensive, only about a dozen or so were made by Don before he stopped doing them...in an ill-advised effort to keep his sanity. :)

These are two-stage L1`s that he rechambered to take two CR123 batteries, fitted with Don`s classic PR-T head hosting a hand-picked 3W LED and driven by a 917 mA Downboy converter.

I have *several* of these great lights in both black and natural HA, and have made a tradition of using them (but only very carefully!) for deer hunting every year.

Good luck with your sale, Monolith!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

This was one of the lights that really started my addiction.

At the time, it was a portable powerhouse, renowned for its throw.

As DZ says, if its updated with an SSC-P4 for example, it will still be able to compete with the best of them.

Ergonomically and design-wise its perfect.