Argh. Can't decide what light to get to compliment an E1L....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you hate it when you can't decide?

Well I've decided to change around my EDC light from an E1B (which I'll put up for sale in the morning) to an E1L. I really REALLY like the E1B for its size, finish (black HA is teh hawtness) output on high AND low, but it goes thru primaries too quick on high, can't use RCRs and the finish is too slippery - I dropped it the other day from my hip on the pavement. Luckily the nicks were ULTRA tiny and dissappeared with a dab from a sharpie. I'm tempted to pull the clip off the E1B and install it on the E1L, but then it may not sell. Anyway......

I want to find a HIGH powered light to compliment it. I am leaning toward the E2DL since its high is scorching - 178 lumens per one independent test - can run on 2 3.7v RCRs' without a problem from what I've read here on the forums, still has a nice low and of course is black HA. LOL. We won't see the LX2 till MAYBE June so thats' out. I'm also thinking of picking up a C2-HA (again!) and plopping a BOG Q5 in there or some other nice LED drop in. that is high powered. I've fancied the thought of a L5a and U2A as well but from what I understand their high isn't as high as the E2DLs'.

Decisions, decisions....

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice looking into the E2DL. I can tell you for a fact that it is brighter than the KL5A on high. My friend just got a new L5 with the KL5A head and I compared the two lights in my lightbox and the E2DL had more overall ouput. If the E2DL was putting out say 180L, the KL5A was around 120L.

Another light that I really like is my Surefire 6P with a few choice modifications. I installed a LeefGrip along with a Leef McClicky, a stainless steel head from lighthound, and of course a Malkoff M60. When I don't want to draw attention to the light, I just throw the stock bezel back on for a more "stock" look. I have had this set-up for quite some time now, and it really is impressive.

With that being said, since I got my E2DL I have not carried my 6P that much. It's just that the E2DL puts out damn near the same amount of light, has 2 levels of output, and has a touch more throw than the M60 equipped 6P. Being that it does all of this in a much slimmer and lighter format, I have a hard time picking up the 6P. I think the E2DL would compliment your E1L very well. I have been nothing short of impressed since the day I got mine :D It has to be one of, if not THE most under-rated light as far as output goes.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a BOG Q5 for my 6P. It is a fantastic setup. I also have a KX2C (on a L4 body) and that thing is crazy bright too.

These are my go to lights these days.

If I'm out in the boonies I would pack my 6P because it has a twisty and I can replace the emitter if need be.

Tough choice Dogman...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also like the fact that the E2DL has that optic which puts most of the light into that hotspot which makes it seem as bright or brighter than the 200+ lumen P60 drop ins....

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my E2DL and think you should go for it!

With that said, also pick up a C2 host - it is infinitely upgradable as the newer p60 drops come out!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing to consider, the E1L will be a "Mini Me" E2DL without the teeth. The BOG Q5 puts out a tighter further throwing beam IMHO.