MC-E Dereelight

electric sheep

Enlightened
Very impressed withe the pill for the CL1H. Despite warnings it is not getting as hot as

i expected, despite it being the 2.4a pill. The beam profile is excellent and much

cleaner than i was lead to believe. The typical dark cross is barely noticed at any

range and the flood is a wonderful white wash. It is not dark enough yet outside for

testing throw but the hot spot is bright enough to give me hope it will perform well.

Only running on two 18650's but about to test 2 CR123's for run time test.

Last edited:

1996alnl

Enlightened
Impressive setup.
I was considering it,just wondering what the runtimes are with the RCR123's.
The 2x18650 length doesn't appeal to me.

electric sheep

Enlightened
About 30 min's from CR123's but i prefer 18650's. Having three pills and three reflectors makes it very versatile.

electric sheep

Enlightened
Not tried RCR's yet as mostly use 18650's but will order a couple just to complete my versatile set up(already have chargers). Surprised how well it throws, you don't get a distant spot but the flood does reach out a very long way. The boundary that my R2 with SMO reflector spots is touched by the MC-E.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not tried RCR's yet as mostly use 18650's but will order a couple just to complete my versatile set up(already have chargers). Surprised how well it throws, you don't get a distant spot but the flood does reach out a very long way. The boundary that my R2 with SMO reflector spots is touched by the MC-E.

OK, thanks.