20 LED light... 20 watts...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Here is my 20 LED 20 watt light

fc239cf3.jpg

And of course a beam shot

fc239cf1.jpg

The beam is about 8 feet in diameter (at 15 feet away) and a little lopsided. I am working on it. This may rival the SureFire "Wall of Light" but it is a little hard to carry.

Tom

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: 20 LED light...

Which one of those is the one that goes on the belt? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

what the heck man?!

you have some <font color="red">serious</font> explaining to do!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is that maglite body that you are using? Man, That should be called the Wall of light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anyway, that is a serious art of beauty. Another great innovation from CPFer. But i am wondering though, How do you turn it on? click each part individually?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Homer Simpson could display that at the Springfield Museum, right along side his "Failed Barbecue" and "Gay Bart" exhibits. Next to his "Collection Of Used Duff Beer Cans" piece, of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

This is for a promotional project I am working on.

For those who have not figured it out, they are Mag Lite 2AA to BB400 conversions. They are in the nylon holsters that come with the Mag Lites. I thought they had a certain artistic look to them so I stuffed them in the leg of my wet suit and took the picture.

The thing that was very impressive was the lack of color variation in the beam shot. I thought the color would be all over the place from cool blue to warm green, but that is not the case. I mentioned this to Wayne (Dat2zip) and he said it was the luck of the draw, but it appears that the binning is becoming more consistent.

I stuffed another 20 in the other leg of the wet suit and had fun lighting up the night. 40 watts of light is really bright! The wall of light does exist. I set it up on the picnic table and it looked like to glowing eyes of some kind of monster. Tried to take a picture, but it did not come out.

Too much fun...

Tom

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Hey SilverFox, nice "piece d'resistance"! While it is none of my business, might I ask: Are you funding the project or is the client/co.? Looks to me like an expensive piece, though the splendor of it certainly justifies its cost, I'm certain. I stand in awe of this fine sculpture of light.

Ed.

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Hello Ed,

The promotional advertising is engraved in the handle of the lights. They will be passed out one at a time (although if several people are on the list from one area a bouquet might be an interesting way to present them).

Our company prides itself on innovation, creativity, and technology and I thought this modification captured these ideas, and is useful too. Yes it is a little on the expensive side, but we wanted to differentiate ourselves from the pens, calculators, key fobs, and letter openers that others use for promotions.

Tom