Greetings from a first time poster

lostinwv

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Just thought I'd comment on how much I've been enjoying lurking here for the past couple of weeks- so much information on a subject I've always been into! I intend to read and read some more until I decide what light to EDC. To this point, all I've owned have been maglites, but I'm discovering there are many, many choices out there that I've never heard of. Really digging the info on Fenix and Nitecore flashlights so far. Anyway, hello to all:wave:

Dave

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

There's a lot of info here as you know. Fenix has set modes and most have battery tubes that cam be switched to run 1AA, 2AA, or 1 CR123. L1D, L2D, P2D, LD10, LD20, PD20, L1T V2.0, L2T V2.0.

The Nitecores can go lower then the Fenix lights but have less modes, which some prefer.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
:welcome:

Fenixes and NiteCore lights are great to start with. IMHO both brands offer a lot of bang for the buck. :thumbsup:

If you are looking for a light for a specific purpose, feel free to fill out the ** Flashlight Recommendation Checklist ** and post your needs. The people here on these forums are a very helpful bunch and will have no qualms about helping you find ways to lighten your wallet. :devil: So beware, if you are not careful, your wallet will soon be feeling a lot lighter... :broke:

progninja

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:!

I am also new to this forum, joined a few weeks ago, but already got addicted to flashlights :D.
And I already bought my first "good" flashlight - Fenix PD30 Q5, and I love it :twothumbs. Of course I am looking for more lights right now :laughing:...

Regards

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF and hope you find your desired EDC light. Just don't expect it will only be one light though. :)

eldisgusto

Newly Enlightened
Hello. Im new here too. Flashlights were tools for me when I was a LEO. Now this place has opened up a whole new world. Just got a Novatac 120T & really like it. Good luck finding your edc.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone Must Be Conducting a New Membership Drive.

Lostinwv, :welcome: Everyone needs a Fenix to start with, so they will be back buy more of them.

Progninja, :welcome: Good move on the PD30-Q5.

Eldisgusto, :welcome: You must like to start at the top! The NovaTac are so very close to perfect. A little big for some EDC situations, but a LD01-SS or P1D-Q5 can fill in there. Be patient, but keep an eye on Ra Lights.