A10 vs. ACE

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't compare apple with oranges...

The ACE is designed for large area lighting and the A10 is designed for long range throw and longer runtime. Personally I would get the ACE over the A10, throw is not one of my needs.

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
Don't forget that with ACE you only get a single brightness level, and really need to use 2 cells to get any runtime out of it.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two different animals. The A10 is more for long range applications, like 400+ feet. The ACE would be better for things 400 feet or closer where you want to light up a wider area with more light. If you let us know what you'd like to use the light for we can offer more information.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently dug out my old Canon G5 as my trusty Sony P200 has dust in the lens that is starting to show in pics, and has just been giving me more of a hassle. I found the Canon gives me pretty good results for sharing images on the web. Here are a couple shots of the Tiablo A10 and ACE:

RanchDweller

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your replies. I thought that the ACE was a more powerful light that would have more throw than the A10. I spend a lot of time camping. I am looking for a thrower light that I can use to look at all of the far away bumps in the night. In a few previous threads, I thought I had it narrowed down to the A10, spear, and DBS. I guess that finally I had it narrowed down to the Tiablo line. I dunno now. WadeF - Thank you for the fantastic pictures. It is very, very helpful to see side by side comparisons. I recently bought an E2DL and very much want a great, well made long distance light. My $$ is around the $150 mark. Funny thing about that, as I keep reading, I keep talking myself into a few more dollars.;)

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
From your description, it sounds to me like you need the Tiablo A10 with the R2 Cree. It will out-throw your E2DL by a long shot, and the E2DL is no slouch when it comes to throw. If throw is truley what you are after, the A10 will suit you very well.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably want the A10 if you want to see far off objects (500-1,000 feet or more.)

It seems to perform best with 2xCR123's. You can use a single 18650, but the output will slowly drop. With 2xCR123's the output should stay the same for the first 50 minutes or so.

ichoderso

Enlightened
buy all this three and you can be sure, you have all what you need:twothumbs

DSCF2769.JPG

ichoderso

Enlightened
Can you tell which throws better and which has more overall output between the M1X and ACE?

Hi,
Results on my luxmeter at one meter are 32000lux for ACE and 29000lux for M1X (with two fresh cells).
visible at a long distance I would say, both have the same throw/spot (unfortunately both with visible dark donuthole in the spot:()
But the most overall output (more sidespill) have definetely the ACE!

Jens

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
ichoderso,

If you had the possibility to post some beamshots and a careful comparison between M1X and ACE I would be happy, and I am sure I am not alone.
The Tiablos are reviewed at http://www.light-reviews.com, but not yet M1X.

These two seems to be very similar flashlights in every respect except from design. M1X is claimed to 700 bulb and 450 torch lumens. ACE is claimed to 700 lumens but I don't know if that is bulb or torch lumens?
I am interested in whether M1X has regulated output and how this performs.

Regards, Patric

Megatorch

Newly Enlightened
ichoderso,

If you had the possibility to post some beamshots and a careful comparison between M1X and ACE I would be happy, and I am sure I am not alone.
The Tiablos are reviewed at http://www.light-reviews.com, but not yet M1X.

These two seems to be very similar flashlights in every respect except from design. M1X is claimed to 700 bulb and 450 torch lumens. ACE is claimed to 700 lumens but I don't know if that is bulb or torch lumens?
I am interested in whether M1X has regulated output and how this performs.

Regards, Patric

700 lumens are bulb, of course.

Comparision photos: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221847

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got out and tried my DBS MC-E 2.4A and the Tiablo ACE MC-E. My target was a tree line about 600 feet away. The Tiablo was a bit brighter, but it wasn't dramatic. There was a slight mist/fog in the air and I found the wide beam made it difficult to see the target at that distance. The DBS R2 and Tiablo A10 did better as you can see around the beam and more light hit the target. Between the DBS and A10 there wasn't a lot of difference in real world use. the A10 was slightly brighter, but not enough to look twice as bright or anything, it was just a tad brighter. I was hoping to see more of a difference given the size difference in the lights.

shahzh

Newly Enlightened
IMO M1X does look better in design compare to the ACE. Especially the SS bezel.