Illum

Flashaholic
Site: http://www.landarms.com/list.asp?id=654
Product: Fire Kylin FK-LS6D-HA

Dimensions: Overall length: 233mm, diameter 41mm head
Weight: 305g
Materials: American 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
Machining: CNC processing, are well reproduced
Surface Treatment: HA TypeIII, oxide thickness is 35μm, the hardness more than 600HV Value
Units: Head The LED is used to support the long-running while the brightness priority. CREE-brand Q5LED FireKylin used.
Battery: CR123A type × 3 [225 lumens]
Lens: strengthen NANOHOWAITOGARASU use, pre-coated diamond surface, SUKURATCHIFURI (if the air gun in Japan to meet the regulations, proof of the direct hit at close range)

What are the chances that surefire would have "FIRE KYLIN" stamped to the side of the body:shakehead

You know what is really insulting?:(
List price: 19,800 yen (tax included)
By current rate that would be 19,800.00 JPY = 218.959 USD

and whats more, Land arms isn't a japan site,its hosted under: NO26-251 BAOGONG STREET TIEXI DISTRICT SHENYANG CHINA:duh2:

this is what the legit L6P looks like [source: http://flashlightforum.hk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=340]

Last edited:

rala

Newly Enlightened
Re: another copy/fake

I see this as another copy as opposed to a fake, as Kaidomain isn't selling it as a "Surefire". Do I like the fact that it looks like a Surefire, no. Unfortunately, I think there will always be a market for copies. Especially now with people on limited funds.

Ziemas

Enlightened

That's damn expensive for a knock-off of unknown quality. :eek:

Carpenter

Enlightened

<sarcasm> Great. I just sold my porky's and I could have completed my set for one eighth the cost of a real one. </sarcasm>

Selling something that looks like that just isn't right in so many ways.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very rare and expensive Porcupine lights. According to PK the target audience is naval seals who would use their lights as a poking tool rather than jamming their gun by butting it up to something that may require shooting. IIRC Surefires head photographer accepts payment in SF lights so they get a fair few lights that end up on the collector market either from him or limited releases which usually occur in Korea.

I will say it's proof that the Porcupine body CAN be machined at reasonable costs. I think a PP body would be a great accessory even if they made it completely different from the originals.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

Doing clones and copying is two different things.....

seaside

Enlightened

Doing clones and copying is two different things.....

I thought there must be some differences b/w them though, don't know how to put them into words. Can you define what's different?

RGB_LED

Enlightened

I thought there must be some differences b/w them though, don't know how to put them into words. Can you define what's different?
Good question... :popcorn:

IMHO, there are pros and cons to seeing copies, clones, fakes, whatever you call it. On the one hand, someone has taken an original product and, without any shame, copied it and mass produced it as their own. This is obviously wrong and bad news for the person who originated the idea as they will receive no compensation for their hard work.

On the other hand, most of us will never have the pleasure of owning an original PK design so a clone or fake can provide that sense of being able to appreciate the design in person even if it's not an original. One may think this is wrong and unjust but look at all the things in this world that are copied... electronics, automobiles, television shows, food products, stores, clothing that celebrities where on awards nights, the list goes on.

I'm not saying it's right but the way I see it, PK and SF will go onto other designs and revolutionary products and bring us all along for the ride and will likely show us all something new. Most importantly, PK and SF garners respect and a following... which is more than can be said about those imitators.

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

Easy...

#1 Don`t copy....
#2 Ask for permission if similar specs or looks
#3 Don`t use the same printing/laser/fonts
#4 Don`t copy....

these are blatant copies and nothing else...
If I was Surefire, I`d claim my rights....

IMO..

Bobpuvel

Enlightened

I can't even count the number of times I've seen mini-maglite 2AA being copied... even though it's against the law.:confused:

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
Re: ugh, first U2, then M2, now L6P clone

What is your point. They are not saying it is a Surefire, They are simply copying a design.