Fenix Thrower flashlight ?

Archangel_i

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I just need to know which flashlight in the Fenix line is a has a good throw ( enought to tell a Maglite 3/4D to go home and sleep ). Selfbuilt Thread on Throwers put the TK 20 in a good position, ( BTW very nice reviews ). But are there any others? ( not the TK40 ).

Thks

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
+1 TK11-R2
I have both. The TK20 have a more natural tint, but dosn't out throw
the TK11. Although it is not far behind.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's the TK11 (R2).

The best thrower from Fenix, no doubt.

If you don't want it so big, you may consider the PD30, but pay attention to get one with a smooth reflector. It won't reach the TK11 though.

The TK10 has an OP reflector, not a thrower.

The TK20 is the thrower for AA and has the "neutral" tint which makes it very usefull outdoors, in forests for instance. Next in the AA line would be the LD20, also less than the TK20 of course.

StriderSMF

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I just need to know which flashlight in the Fenix line is a has a good throw ( enought to tell a Maglite 3/4D to go home and sleep ). Selfbuilt Thread on Throwers put the TK 20 in a good position, ( BTW very nice reviews ). But are there any others? ( not the TK40 ).

Thks
Any one of them can tell a stock maglight to go home and go to sleep.even an lod or ldo1 stock maglights were good 20+ years ago.

jankj

Enlightened
Any one of them can tell a stock maglight to go home and go to sleep.even an lod or ldo1 stock maglights were good 20+ years ago.

The 3D/4D, agreed. But according to CPF forum the mag charger will NOT go home to sleep, but will in deed give any of these lights though competition. On fresh batteries it is supposedly just above 200 lumens, just about equal to the lights mentioned above. And with the larger reflector size it has a considerable advantage in terms of throw.

But then again, try competing with more than halfway depleeted batteries... The fenixes will STILL be trowing strong, but the mag will be on its way home to sleep . .. :wave:

Mag incan is old technology, but its design is clearly a winner - otherwise it wouldn't stay in the market for so long.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
The 3D/4D, agreed. But according to CPF forum the mag charger will NOT go home to sleep, but will in deed give any of these lights though competition. On fresh batteries it is supposedly just above 200 lumens, just about equal to the lights mentioned above. And with the larger reflector size it has a considerable advantage in terms of throw.

But then again, try competing with more than halfway depleeted batteries... The fenixes will STILL be trowing strong, but the mag will be on its way home to sleep . .. :wave:

Mag incan is old technology, but its design is clearly a winner - otherwise it wouldn't stay in the market for so long.

And what is the runtime at 200lms on the Magcharger with fresh cells again?? :whistle:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK11 R2 is the top thrower from Fenix but there are better alternatives from other brands if throw is what you are after.

HKJ

Flashaholic
The TK11 R2 is the top thrower from Fenix but there are better alternatives from other brands if throw is what you are after.

Some of the other brands are Dereelight and Tiablo, they are a little bit bigger, mainly due to the bigger reflector:
DSC_3208.jpg

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For Fenix their best thrower would probably be the TK11 R2. There are other companies who make lights that throw even further though.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the Mags are still selling because some people just don't know a thing about high brightness LED flashlights. I showed to my friend the Nitecore Extreme, told him that it was a flashlight but he still asked me where is the side clicky.

Today I saw a woman with a old Mag Solitaire as her keychain, for the first time in my life I see someone else EDC'ing a flashlight. (I live in Panama)

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best thrower from Fenix, no doubt.

If you don't want it so big, you may consider the PD30, but pay attention to get one with a smooth reflector. It won't reach the TK11 though.

The TK10 has an OP reflector, not a thrower.

The TK20 is the thrower for AA and has the "neutral" tint which makes it very usefull outdoors, in forests for instance. Next in the AA line would be the LD20, also less than the TK20 of course.

If there is a smooth reflector for the PD30 it isn't on any of the dealers websites.

I want one though, prove me wrong please.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Thks
If you want a far-throwing flashlight without going bigger than the Fenix lights, then the JetBeam lights are the best choice, hands down.

Choose the JET-III PRO Ultra with the SMO (smooth) reflector. It will send any Fenix to go home sleep...

http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jefl.html