Surefire M910a bezel

supes

Enlightened
:welcome:

The lamp assemblies your M9xx series uses is the MN10 LOLA(Low Output) and MN11 HOLA(High Output). You can purchase these at any Surefire dealer and perhaps at your local outdoors/sporting goods stores who carry the Surefire line. CPFMarketPlace always has some people selling off their lamps, might be also a better deal to get it from someone there.

For upgrades, there is the Surefire KL6 LED head(a more flood and runtime oriented option), which is discontinued and the upcoming, not released yet KL9, which I'm looking very forward too.

There is the option of getting the Surefire KT4 turbohead(second picture in your post) to run the same lamps but with a more concentrated beam profile for distance visibility. I have tried this setup and find it a little on the heavy side for balance on a M4gery+RIS/RAS setup.

There are some other options which take more thought, planning, and funds, such as Fivemega's MN series bi-pin lamp socket, which allows for hotwire lamps to be used for greater output. Also some people have discovered the LumenFactory D36 LED drop ins will work in this bezel, but requires some disassembly. That's all I can think of now. Should be a couple more options.

What color LEDs is on your M910a?

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
If you are after the Turbo head, it is called a KT-4. If you want this second hand the CPF market place is the best place to get one second hand.

Lumens Factory sell a number of lamps for this, as of course does Surefire.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M910A, like the M500A, M96 and M3 uses the Z46 bezel.

The M910AB, like the M500AB, M97 and M3T (as well as M4 and M6 etc) use the Millennium TurboHead.

The Millennium TurboHead is sold as part of the KT4 TurboHead Kit No.4 (that's for KT means - "Kit, TurboHead")

The KT4 TurboHead Kit comes with the MN15 and MN16 Lamp Assemblies required when converting the 'A to AB', 'M96 to M97' or 'M3 to M3T'.

Some CPF members lazily refer to the Millennium TurboHead as TurboHead Kit No.4 which is especially inaccurate and foolish when referring to the M4 or M6 TurboHead because somebody as a result of such sloppiness could use the KT4 TurboHead Kit on the M4 or M6 and run the real risk of breaking the MN15 or M16 Lamp Assemblies they attempt to power on the wrong bodies.

FYI:
In SureFire model numbering there is no "-" between KT and 4.
The M910A has a capital "A" rather than lower case "a".

beatcop

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info! The whole bezel assy is beyond repair, so I'll check out the CPF classifieds.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
They do have a lifetime warranty, you could just send it back. SFs customer service is well regarded as long as you phone them and not rely on email.

Give it a try.