• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *withdrawn* modified Jet pro III Ti.*picture heavy*price reduced*2/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
for sale a modded Jet pro Ti,selling as I need the funds.

I did this mod because the original pill shorted out and could not be bothered to send the light back to jetbeam,the way the old led just sat on a bare Ti plate trapping wires was a bad choice from jetbeam IMHO.

Anyway this light is now able to take dereelight pills including MC-E if you use 2x RC123'2 the options with this jet are endless you maybe able to screw other light engines in there also,there is also ample threading to install a deeper reflector if you wanted as the pill can be backed off.

To take this pill out just loosen the bezel ring and unscrew the pill,you may find if installing a new dereelight pill just to run a die along the thread of the pill as there is a dead end on them I think,well I found that with the pill which is included a Q5 255 lumen digital infinite brightness pill.
le
I will also disclose this did have a couple of small dings on the head these have however been eased out and polished,they are hardly noticeable now see my pictures and short video,so please bear in mind this is not BNIB from a manufacturer but rather a modified light in excellent condition comes with it's original box and bits.

IMHO this light may suit someone wanting a Ti light with removable"upgradable" pills or maybe for a modder who can put his own pill/light engine to suit his needs or just run it with the pill installed for great throw and spill.Hell! you could even polish to high level and shelf queen it and admire it's beauty.

I'm asking withdrawn shipped open to fair offers too PM me.

I will not be responsible for loss or damage once shipped.unless you opt and pay for insurance shipping price of $10?that maybe more or less we can work that out if required.

Any questions please ask.

first i'll take it followed by prompt PP after we exchange PM's gets it

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS modified Jet pro III Ti.*picture heavy*

I have looked on dereelight and can't find info on the pill I used :thinking: it was a Q5 DI pill,anyway here is a selection of pills to give you an idea of how you could upgrade the light now and in the future: http://www.dereelight.com/pills.htm

Just screw out the old pill and screw in the new pill!

Notes:

1. My Ti Jet has been bored out to fit these pill threads. However, the last thread on each pill may need to be reamed if it stops short of the full length of the pill. It's a simple task to ream the last thread. If you have any problems finding someone to do this, I'll be happy to take care of it (you pay for shipping).

2. If you order the R2 pill, I've been told that the WD tint (white with just a hint of vanilla) is highly recommended. YMMV.

3. If you order the MC-E pill, heed the advice and do not use primaries. (2xAW RCR123's are recommended.)

Pöbel

Enlightened

Does the pill have direct contact to the body? otherwise using an MC-E might result in:poof: if used for longer periods

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does the pill have direct contact to the body? otherwise using an MC-E might result in:poof: if used for longer periods
Why explain :thinking:

[edit] FWIW the MC-E pill screws into the reflector in the DBS thus there is contact with the body at all times,just my 1.2 lumen's worth

Last edited:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok even though this is not! a MC-E pill installed I will take more pics if the design allows :twothumbsI thought I made it clear:mecry:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello, Titan1833.

You've done very interesting work. :thumbsup:
How thick is the Ti wall after you bored out for Dereelight pill at the thinnest part?
Is the deree pill much bigger than aleph pill?

Cheers.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello, Titan1833.

You've done very interesting work. :thumbsup:
How thick is the Ti wall after you bored out for Dereelight pill at the thinnest part?
Is the deree pill much bigger than aleph pill?

Cheers.
Hi octaf the walls remain thick a friend did the boring out on a lathe it didn't need much to get the pill to screw in,the deree pill is 19.92 mm in dia,I have no idea what the aleph is :shrug:also it is very hard to measure the wall thickness due to the shape of the head,however I can guarantee it is still very thick.

[edit]price reduced towithdrawn **More pics added to first post**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.