?fenix interchangeable ?

Barrie

Enlightened
i have read that some of the fenix lights can swap heads and body's ,

so if i were to put a ld10 head on a pd20 body do i get the extra lumens of the pd20 or a 120 lumen of the ld10,:confused:

i like the idea of buying 1 light and fitting different body's to run on AAs or CR123s:thumbsup: but not sure how the light output and modes are effected

Last edited:

Helmut.G

Enlightened
If you put a LD10 head on a PD20 body you'll get the extra lumens:thumbsup:
The electronics in the LD10, LD20 and PD20 heads are identical.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yes, the LD20, LD10, and PD20 heads (also L2D, L1D, and P2D) are identical, and run on eachother's bodies. Notice that as for brightness, only the turbo level is affected.

HighLumens

Enlightened
are the heads of the E01 and of the LD01 interchangeable??

I don' t know why I'm asking it, I think they cannot be interchanged, but you are more expert than me :p

HKJ

Flashaholic
are the heads of the E01 and of the LD01 interchangeable??

I don' t know why I'm asking it, I think they cannot be interchanged, but you are more expert than me :p

No, but you can screw the body of LD01 and E01 together or the heads:laughing:
DSC_3227.jpg

deusexaethera

Banned
You are a sick man.

That picture of the two battery tubes screwed together reminds me of that "Perfect Woman" picture that's been floating around the internet for the past few years.

deusexaethera

Banned
Anyway, with the interchangeable parts you have to watch out for mixing a head with a boost circuit and a body that holds more than 3V worth of battery power, or a head with a buck circuit and a body that holds less than 3V worth of battery power. I was a little disappointed recently to find out I couldn't use my P3D head with an L1D body, because the L1D can only hold a single AA battery and so it wouldn't be able to drive the P3D, which needs at least 3V to operate correctly.

Reading CPF, I could probably do it anyway if I wanted to use 18650 cells instead of AA cells, but I'm not ready to dive into the "expensive rechargeable lithium battery" market just yet.

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
I recently returned a PD20 body/switch that I bought to go with my LD10/LD20 unfortunately whilst its fine with a CR123 battery the added voltage of a AW RCR123 is too much, which cuts down the modes. Everything appears to be turbo mode.

Just thought I would save others making the same mistake.

I really liked the compactness of the PD20 though, I would like to find another torch that would take a single RCR123.... any suggestions?

Cheers

Martin