Help Needed - AAA w/ Clickie

substance

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading posts here over the past couple of days, but I didn't see anything directly related to what I was looking for. I am trying to find the brightest possible AAA light that has a clicky. I have purchased a Tank007 (Seoul, supposedly 80 lumens) for $9 from DX, but I am fully expecting the quality to be fairly low. Is there anything out there with a size similar to a Fenix E01 at a cost of $75 or less.

Thanks

HKJ

Flashaholic
A Letherman S2, the output is somewhere between a LD01 medium and high. The length is a bit more than the E01:
DSC_3226.jpg

substance

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies everyone. If the LD01 head were placed on a streamlight body, how would the cycling between modes work?

Ideally, I would like to have a light that turns on in Hi mode. Is there anyway to make that work with the above setup?

Thanks

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I would get a Leatherman S2. Check on-line for sales. Tested it against a friends LOD and the high was the same. Low is the same too. The Leatherman lights are made by Fenix.

Gary123

Enlightened
I have purchased a couple of Romisen 2 x AAA lights from DX. Almost shockingly bright with a nice tight spot and very nice spill, tailcap clicky. I thought it was a little expensive at DX for $18, but it really is very nice. Just on/off.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two of my favorite lights are the Streamlight Stylus Pro and Microstream, very nice size and useful output. Would not even bother with the L0D head as they work just fine as they are in my opinion, and if you somehow trash them they are easily replaceable.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
HKJ,

The head from the S2 will screw onto the E01 and work just fine as a 2 stage twisty. The S2 is a nice light, just wish the runtime on high was a little more.

A Letherman S2, the output is somewhere between a LD01 medium and high. The length is a bit more than the E01:
DSC_3226.jpg

Bill

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
HKJ,

The head from the S2 will screw onto the E01 and work just fine as a 2 stage twisty. The S2 is a nice light, just wish the runtime on high was a little more.
That sounds interesting a 2 mode E01 with 6 hours on low and 55mins on high. I suppose you could call it the E02? :D

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
:oops: I stand corrected, The S2 has such a nicer tint compared to the E01, I just figured the S1 would have the same tint. I only have the S2, sorry.

Open mouth insert foot. :ohgeez:

Bill

Where would that white tint come from? The S1 is has the same purple tint as the E01::(
DSC_3235.jpg

Left is S1 and right is E01

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
The S1 and E01 use the same LED so the tint should be about the same. My S1 has a litte bit warmer tint (within the over spill) than my E01 however this is more an issue of some play within the outputs of all LEDs.