Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac just has his hernia repaired.
I wish him a speedy recovery. :party:
Tanasit

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been there!!!
It sucks big time!!!

Hope ya have a nice speedy recovery and feel better soon!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'll be worth it Mac. I suffered through an entire summer with an umbilical hernia, should have had it fixed sooner.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a ventral hernia about 6 years ago, had it repaired, and 2 months later I was back to 100%. The first couple days after the surgery was awful. Coughing was very painful! Just take it easy, and it'll be better each day.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had a double hernia(inguinal and ventrical) repaired last november. Hope you feel better, you have plenty of support here.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wishing you a quick recovery Mac. I had a hernia when I was kid but even then it wasn't fun.

tdurand

Enlightened
He musta been workin on a really big light. I hope this doesn't mean "nothin but N cell lights from here on out"! :nana:

To a speedy and smooth recovery my friend. :buddies:

T

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a ventral hernia about 6 years ago, had it repaired, and 2 months later I was back to 100%. The first couple days after the surgery was awful. Coughing was very painful! Just take it easy, and it'll be better each day.

Thanks for the support guys :)

And YES COUGHING is BRUTAL!!!

Mac

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my hernia repaired a couple years ago, then a year later I have a lump about the size of my thumb next to where I had the hernia.
It hurt when I press on it, so I went to see the doctor. First they sent me for the X-ray but found nothing wrong. Then I was sent to MRI, then colonoscopy and finally the CAT scan. Without the insurance, all the tests would cost me over $6,500.00 !!

BTW, right after the CAT scan I lost the sense of direction but I managed to walked back to where I parked my car by memorizing the brick walkway but once I got inside the car, I couldn't figure out how to get home even though I could see the street signs. I waited until a familiar bus came and followed it home. :thumbsup:

None of the test could identify the problems. I was worried about the earlier repair but they told me that most likely the synthetic screen or the patch has some reaction with the surrounding tissues that also have some nerves thus cause the minor pain when I touch it.
I recalled that there are more than one type of the patches that you can choose from. A few years ago, one of which was recalled!

My dad has hernia repaired 7 times.

Tanasit

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Never did have a bit of pain at all. A little sense of weakness and nausea from the painkiller but that lasted about a week. No stitches staples or anything. I hope your pain subsides quickly Mac.

passers

Newly Enlightened
May god bless you and get well soon..........meanwhile i got a new tool for mac recovery Stellar Phoenix Mac File Recovery..It is awesome may be it will help you with a quite and efficient recovery have a nice time

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my hernia repaired 9 years ago and up to 2 years ago weight-trained heavily without any pain or accidents. I was pretty sore for a few months following the surgery though. I'm 58 now still without a problem. Go Mac go!

Karl

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Make sure they didn't take any extra parts. They start working down there, and you never know.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I believe Mac is fine now guys, in case you were wondering. It's been 6 months since this thread was started. Did you see who revived it.....

meanwhile i got a new tool for mac recovery Stellar Phoenix Mac File Recovery..It is awesome may be it will help you with a quite and efficient recovery have a nice time

SPAM! :shakehead