LED LENSER P3 1AAA focusable...is it worth 25$ ?

radu1976

Enlightened
I am intending to buy such a small LED LENSER and I am wondering if it's worth.
However its lenght is like for a AA flashlight, the nice part is that it's a focusable light. Not regulated...not sure even for NiMH batteries.
Anybody who has this light ?
Is is worth to pay about 25$ for it or should I orientate myself to another AA light ?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those, I got it for free from the UK vendor when I bought the P7. :grin2:

79735641vx8.jpg

It is a nice AAA light but unfortunately as you can see it is nearly as big as an NDI and for that size I expect more output than a Nichia is prepared to give. And the LED Lenser focusing optic which does an excellent job with a CREE can't do much with the Nichia.

For $15 you can take a Fenix E01 which probably uses the same LED. The E01's beam is much less refined than the P3's one because the former has no optical system (not even a lens) but its size is much smaller.

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
I have a P3 and I carry it every day, every where, I love this light. I think it would do better priced at $19.99. I found a few reviews on line one being from the gadgeteer. I liked what I say and I could buy it local so I tried it out, I have never regretted it so far. I have posted pics and very very small review of this light on this forum.
I recommend this light, it is a great indoor light and any other type light when you just want a simple clean white leaning blue beam. You will not be able to blind moose or anything with it, but I love it.
On the down side, it is in my opion 5 bucks over priced. I think that all of the LED Lenser are over priced by 10 to 20 %, but the P3, not bad at all.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a nice AAA light but unfortunately as you can see it is nearly as big as an NDI and for that size I expect more output than a Nichia is prepared to give. And the LED Lenser focusing optic which does an excellent job with a CREE can't do much with the Nichia.

Exactly my thought on it, too big for AAA light and focusing doesn't work nearly as well as the bigger brothers, I'd rather have a e01.