Help me decide

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
A buddy of mine has 2 younger boys (around 11) and I am going to get them a new REAL flashlight for our next night fishing trip. I had set a price of around $20 each. i had picked out either the UK 4AA incandescent or the Pelican Mitylite plus 4AA incandescent. I would like something fairly bright and useful, not a pathetic minimag. I cant find many reviews on these lights so I was hoping CPF could give me a hand. Any maore suggestions?

BTW, I gave my buddy a G2L last year and he is very impressed. Best light he ever had.

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I prefer AA and I'm not real fond of the chinese made LED lights. I really want to find something made in the USA, even though the Pelican light isn't. The UK is.

GPB

Enlightened
you might want to consider the Minimag with the 1 watt Nite Ize dropin and IQ Switch. Its got 3 modes and a strobe, which kids seem to love, it turns off automatically after 15 minutes which is great because kids tend to leave them on, you can get the minimag in different colors so the kids will knows which light is theirs....and its made in the US....oh yeah...and it runs off rechargeables so you can teach the kids about saving electricity, recycling, etc.

Toaster

Enlightened
I think the new multimode Mini Maglite LED is quite a bargain at $20 and hardly qualifies as pathetic. That would be my first choice in a $20 light.