LSHP and washer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a new LSHP and because of some size issues, I decided to buy from Peter (Arc) a 123a twisty. Peter sent me a black washer with sticky on one side with the 123a twisty. I assume this is to keep the battery from making noise. I am concerned about the washer damaging the LS. I am concerned that heat that is generated will melt the washer to the circuit board. Has anyone had this happen? Also do I need to remove the washer when I use the standard TSP?

gyverpete

Enlightened
Lebkuecher,

The black foam washer will not melt. It came pre installed on all LS lights before the clicky switch was introduced, to eliminate battery rattle when the light is off. You just peel and stick it on the center of the green circuit board. I don't think that leaving it on will pose a problem when used with the clicky. It will just stay compressed as it does when the twisty is in the off position.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks gyverpete

I thought that was the case but didn't want to take a chance on damaging this light. Waited to long to get it.

gyverpete

Enlightened
Your Welcome, Lebkuecher.
I know what you mean. I didn't wait long for mine (LS Hybrid) but I wouldn't want anything to happen to it either. It's an awesome light! Its tiny size with the twisty is what made me get an ARC LS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I swear, I can't imagine using anything other thin a twisty. People swear by the clicky but I just don't see it. The only reason I bought the Ls now is because the Ls4 can't use the twisty.

Peter has a better feel for what's going to be needed in the future to compete, and I respect that but for me, I want small and bright.

That being said I will probably be one of the first to place an order for the LS4. Every time I look at this light I just can't believe the quality and feel of this light. It's just simply awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.