Would you purchase a CPF Edition Surefire L1?

What would you like a CPF edition to have as a high?

• 25 - 35

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 45 - 50

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 55 - 70

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • 80ish like the new ones.

Votes: 96 72.2%

• Total voters

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1 is probably on of the best lights Surefire has ever made. But that new "low" level kinda turned some of us off. If we could commision Surefire to make a L1 with settings catered to us CPFers, would you purchase it? Keep in mind I have NOT talked to Surefire and have NO idea if they would do it, but if we had enough interest, we could then approach them for talks. I think us L1 fans can agree that the 1.1 lumen low was fantastic so we can keep that. I also think we can agree that the new form factor would be fine. What we need to debate/decide is the level for the high and the finish, standard HA or black HA....

SO let the dreaming begin!

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted 55 - 70 for high. I'm a bit of a brightness freak, but around 60 Surefire lumens would be plenty (judging from the 45 from my E1L), and help with runtime. I'm not sure I'd pay more for a special edition light though, if it would cost more. 1.1 / 60 lumens would be tempting for me though...

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
I do not currently own an L1 but looking to get one... The only thing I do not like is the low and I think a low low would be great so yes, I would be in!:party:

scottaw

Enlightened
I can't imagine them making a special small run, but just for the fun of it, lets have one that's 3 modes and works the same way, <1 lumen, 50, 180.

prof

Enlightened
I've been wanting (and suggesting) a 3-level L1 for years.

Low 1-2 (1.1 is fine)
Medium 10-15 (20 at the outside)
High 85-100+ (give me an hour's runtime at max brightness--whatever it will do).

I would probably try to buy this! Depends on price, of course. Hmm, might have to get multiples...:devil:

I'm not so sure about the smooth finish. I like knurling! If I want smooth finish I'll use something else.

Wattnot

Enlightened
It's should be designed to work on both CR123s and RCR123s equally. I don't use RCR123s because of the low capacity but I know a LOT of CPF'ers do.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
120 on high
25 on low.

I'd buy 2 like that...

I must admit I'm not crazy on ultra low lows. Then again 25 might be a bit high for me. The 3 lumen low on the E1L is perfect, although it's hard to believe it's only 3. :huh:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I've been wanting (and suggesting) a 3-level L1 for years.

They would not make it 3 level for us.

The mechanical system for the two-level is genius, but I imagine that a 3-level would have to either be electronic (no thanks - I like the tactile feedback of the current system) or a sufficiently complicated / perhaps more delicate mechanism (no thanks).

I would love a 2 lumen low though.

lildave

Newly Enlightened
I like the 120 25 but an ultra low at 5 would be perfect so 120-25-5 yes a threeway