Any word on the new Eagletac T10L?

kenL

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if there will be a replacement for the Eagletac T10L in the very near future? Dont' know if I should get it now or wait :thinking:

robbied

Newly Enlightened
You could get the EagleTac T10LC2.

"The EagleTac T10LC2 is rated at 295 Lumen and uses 2 common Lithium CR123A batteries, 2 – RCR123 Li-ion batteries or 1 – 18650 Li-ion battery. The Tactical head is larger and deeper than the P series so your beam is more concentrated for more throw. In fact this new model has 25% more throw than the T10C2. This is one of the brightest flashlights in its class!"

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=152-154-6591

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
But it has absolutely no regulation with 18650. It has more throw but also uglier beam.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I wouldn't worry about waiting for an upgrade for this light.
It's very impressive.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the posters above me. If you want perfect 18650 regulation with a nice smooth beam, the T10L is for you. I wouldn't wait any longer, go snag yourself one as it's a great light for the price. I love mine...

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I have been using my T10LC2 with AW 18650 battery with great results. The light is extremely bright and will last me an entire 8 hour shift while working over nights. As for the "uglier beam" I cannot really say because I never owned a T10L or the T10C2. I own numerous other lights including a bunch of Surefires and Fenix TK10. The beam has a great hot spot, nice corona, and excellent spill. For duty work its awesome. The throw is also very impressive. Several of the guys that I work with are also very interested. Having the option to use a rechargeable 18650 battery is nice while still keeping the option to use 123 primaries if the 18650 goes down is even better. I may not have all of the technical light knowledge like most of the other folks on this forum but I know what works and what works well! +1 on the T10LC2!

kenL

Newly Enlightened
The T10LC2 looks good but is no regulated on 18650. So I will have to go for the T10L :twothumbs . Now I need a good charger. I heard that the Pila IBC is good, but they don't ship to Canada, are there any other? thanks guys

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I asked the same question to Light Hounds. With the exception of how many batteries you want to charge at once...I went with the Ultrafire. It will charge two at a time and has worked very well. And for $18.00 the price was right too!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ultrafire is a great charger. I have had one for going on 3 years and has worked perfectly. It's a great charger for the price. If mine ever died, I wouldn't hesitate to order another.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with what's been said. My T10L performs as stated! If you need a light (18650) get the T10L.

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I don't know.:shakehead The T10LC2 has the advantage of the newer more protective designed bezel along with the ability to run three different kinds of batteries and some more throw. The T10L has perfect regulation on high until it just goes dark. Both lights will get you through the entire night on the medium setting. Hard choice.:thinking:

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Very hard choice. But I would agree...the ability to use 3 different types of batteries is a plus! I have been very satisfied with the T10LC2 and have yet to notice any drop-off in output. I even ran it for an extra 25 minutes when my shift was over to see if I could observe any noticeable drop and still could not see it! So far..very cool set-up! I think you would be good to go with either but that's your decision. Good luck!

kenL

Newly Enlightened
Very hard choice. But I would agree...the ability to use 3 different types of batteries is a plus! I have been very satisfied with the T10LC2 and have yet to notice any drop-off in output. I even ran it for an extra 25 minutes when my shift was over to see if I could observe any noticeable drop and still could not see it! So far..very cool set-up! I think you would be good to go with either but that's your decision. Good luck!

What type of batteries you using? If on 18650 it should drop in output. I only want to use 18650 or rechargeable 123 but the runtime is so low.

KRUPPSTAHL

Newly Enlightened
the Eagle Tac T10LC2 with more throw sounds very promising to me.
i ordered one today to compare it myself to the TK 11R2
and Tiablo A 10.

hey, for not even 70 bucks it should be a great light. lets see.