Infinity Ultra Lithium?

dtsoll

Enlightened
I'm about to run out and buy some lithium AA's for my Ultra's. Is the benefit worth the cost? In terms of increased brightness and battery life? thanks folks. dtsoll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Lithiums have longer shelf life and will work better in extremely cold weather. In terms of runtime under normal circumstances, the difference is nowhere near enough to make up for the cost. They will run the light for maybe 1.5x as long as an alkaline, but cost 5x as much.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
dtsoll, if you're constantly using your Ultra every night, then I'd recommend sticking to NiMHs... Lithiums are great if you're going to leave your Ultra for long periods of time... Usually, camping is where I find Li-AAs desireable to Alks or NiMHs when it comes to feeding the Ultra...

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks guys,
For the cost difference I think I'll stick with alk's. Maybe next winter...... dtsoll

batterystation

Enlightened
Lithium AA cells. As previously posted, they are great as a backup battery due to the shelf life of the battery. They will not produce a very noticable brightness over a fresh alkaline. One more good thing about them is their cold weather capabilities. They are great for zero degree use. They hold their capacity much better in cold temps than any other battery. I agree with FalconFX regarding the metal hydrides. Charge them every now and then though even if not used as they do run down faster than most batteries with no load.

_Zion_

Newly Enlightened
hi,

i'm totally agree with FalconX and Kevin arguments.
but not totally with Paulr,
i read several times in rewiew and magazine,and on the Energizer AA lithium package.
the lithium AA seem to have 3x or 5x more runtime than the alkaline,and are 30% less in weight.
it just depend of what activity you do with your Ultra.
for my ultra,i really prefer AA lithium.

Max