America's Got Talent ...

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
My 13 year old daughter came to my wife and I last week and said she submitted her application for the America"s Got Talent TV Show which held auditions here in the Washington DC area this weekend. We took her to the auditions which ended up being a pretty nice experience. Anyway, while at the auditions, a local news team was there and selected a few of the contestants to perform for them and one of them was my daughter. I thought I will share the link to the video. She is singing the Rose.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/around_town/the_scene/D_C__Shows_Off_Its_Talent_Washington_DC.html

Also, here is the video of just her on you tube.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=korey+duke&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

Thanks for looking.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Awesome! You must be very proud! I'm sure we'll be seeing her several levels up.

My family and I watch that show. It's one of the few contest/reality shows we watch (probably the only one since Apprentice got stupid).

What seems to both help and hurt the singing contestants is their repertoire. If you repeat the same song over and over at each level, no matter how good you are at it, you won't get very far. If you try and show diversity and stumble on something you're not familiar with, that can hurt too. You pretty much need your best work all of the time so try and have something awesome to perform at each level, saving the absolute best for last, and the second best for the initial audition. It's not going to be easy.

Another thing to keep in mind is that while the audience doesn't care, the judges are always thinking about the ultimate prize, which is a show. They keep applying the same litmus test: "Can this sustain an audience for 90 minutes?"

Good luck and I look forward to seeing her on the show!

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watch that show and enjoy it. Congrats, and I wish your daughter well. I hope to see her on the show. She certainly is deserving. :wave: