**Warning** RaClicky and Arc Clip = Rust **PICS NOW ADDDED**

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

About 3 weeks ago, I received my Arc style clip from Lighthound. I used a thin file to make the holes wider to fit on my RaClicky.
I didn't think about it, but filing the holes removed the anno from that area.
Anyway, I removed the Arc clip today because I'm replacing it with a nice Titanium one(HDS) from wvaltakis2. The was a huge rust stain on the inside of the clip, which visibly came from the enlarged holes.
No damage was done to my RaClicky. Any marks on it cleaned right off.

Just a word of warning for anyone using this modified clip.
Titanium will be your best bet!

** The Ti Clip took very little filing for it to fit. The Arc took me MUCH longer **

Old ARC clip rust stains:
vwwcur.jpg

wvaltakis2 Titanium HDS clip:
i5vmkj.jpg

wv1xz6.jpg

Last edited:

ecallahan

Enlightened
Re: **Warning** RaClicky and Arc Clip = Rust

Hey Guys,

About 3 weeks ago, I received my Arc style clip from Lighthound. I used a thin file to make the holes wider to fit on my RaClicky.
I didn't think about it, but filing the holes removed the anno from that area.
Anyway, I removed the Arc clip today because I'm replacing it with a nice Titanium one(HDS) from wvaltakis2. The was a huge rust stain on the inside of the clip, which visibly came from the enlarged holes.
No damage was done to my RaClicky. Any marks on it cleaned right off.

Just a word of warning for anyone using this modified clip.
Titanium will be your best bet!

Do you have any pics of this clip? Maybe you haven't received it yet. Thanks for the warning, I'll have to check mine.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do you have any pics of this clip? Maybe you haven't received it yet. Thanks for the warning, I'll have to check mine.

The Ti clip I received from wvaltakis2 was from the Ti clips he made for the HDS a while back. The holes still have to be filed a bit and it was the LAST one he had. It looks very similar in size to the arc clip.

I will try to post some pics tonight.

deusexaethera

Banned

Another option is to apply clear nail polish to the areas you grind off.

deusexaethera

Banned

A better option would be a chromate conversion coating.
Right, because everyone has electroplating and vapor deposition rigs in their garage.

The clear nail polish was suggested as an end-user fix.

litetube

Enlightened

I use clear enamel spray in a can on my Novatac clip which has been stripped down to bare metal. That too will begin to stain/rust in a day for me . The enamel holds up ok and is relatively easy to apply. I figure maybe once every cpl of months I will have to rehit it.

Good to know there is an unavailable to the masses Titanium option that Kid9P will be enjoying though:devil:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right, because everyone has electroplating and vapor deposition rigs in their garage.

The clear nail polish was suggested as an end-user fix.

Try K-Phos on steel before you get all sarcastic.

It is a phosphate coating, not a chromate conversion though.

lightplay22

Enlightened
Zinc rich primer, sometimes referred to as "Cold Galvanizing" will keep the rust in check. Usually can be found in spray can and must be shaken VERY well as the zinc pigment settles out to the bottom of the can.

That titanium clip look soooo good!!

deusexaethera

Banned

Try K-Phos on steel before you get all sarcastic.

It is a phosphate coating, not a chromate conversion though.
Sounds good. How much harder is a chromate conversion coating, since we both know I don't know what's actually involved?

Nail polish is still easier though. It's not like the base of the clip is going to bend very much.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds good. How much harder is a chromate conversion coating, since we both know I don't know what's actually involved?

Nail polish is still easier though. It's not like the base of the clip is going to bend very much.

K-Phos on steel is probably of a similar durability to chromate on aluminum.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy that Ti clip look great! Thanks for getting me all worked up over a clip that is no longer in production, you got me jealous :faint:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy that Ti clip look great! Thanks for getting me all worked up over a clip that is no longer in production, you got me jealous :faint:

Wanna get even more jealous?

That beautiful clip is on a 170Cn !

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanna get even more jealous?

That beautiful clip is on a 170Cn !

Actaully I am growing extremely attached to my warm white Clicky, so you can enjoy that 170Cn yourself :naughty: I am more of a sucker for warm tints than overall output.

But damn that clip looks good :drool:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actaully I am growing extremely attached to my warm white Clicky, so you can enjoy that 170Cn yourself :naughty: I am more of a sucker for warm tints than overall output.

But damn that clip looks good :drool:

The 170Cn is warmer than my old Novatac 120P and my Seoul modded HDS. That's why I love it so much :party: