Re-annodizing?

gsxrac

Enlightened
Hey guys I dont know too much about annodizing but is it possible to re-annodize a SF E1e? Im trying to build a good light for my gf and was thinking itd be cool to make it pink or purple or something a little more femenine lol.
And if its doable (sp?) is this something id be allright to get done at a local shop or is there somebody on CPF that offers this service?
:thanks:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's probably someone around you that could do it. What you should know is pink and purple won't be Type3 or HA anymore like it is now. It'll be a much "weaker" Type 2.

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
Your probably best of bringing or sending to someone as opposed to trying to do it yourself. If you google it, you can probably find someone to send it to that will a professional with all the right equipment.

What you should know is pink and purple won't be Type3 or HA anymore like it is now. It'll be a much "weaker" Type 2.

Not to be judgmental and sexist, but if it's a girl that likes a pink "feminine" light, she's probably not the type that will be too rough with it, meaning the anodizing will last longer.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to be judgmental and sexist, but if it's a girl that likes a pink "feminine" light, she's probably not the type that will be too rough with it, meaning the anodizing will last longer.

You've obviously never seen inside a woman's purse. That light has to survive in one :crackup:.
Some women's purses are more prepared than most people's BoBs.

Type 2 is pretty weak, keys and just rubbing against rough fabrics over time will wear it down pretty quick.

Plus I'm sure women heck most non-flashoholics won't baby their lights.

allthumbs

Newly Enlightened
Might be better to have it powder coated or Dura coated either process can be a DIY or sent out. Speed shops or bike shops will know who does it locally. Lots of info online. If your in the US powder coating materials are available thru Harbor freight or eastwood company,theres probably others but these 2 come to mind first. Pictures after you get it done. :grin2:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could do it, but most shops have a minimum price, which could be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 (or more). How about the SF wine lights? Those are already burgundy in color and are factory perfect.

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
You've obviously never seen inside a woman's purse. That light has to survive in one :crackup:.
Some women's purses are more prepared than most people's BoBs.

Type 2 is pretty weak, keys and just rubbing against rough fabrics over time will wear it down pretty quick.

Plus I'm sure women heck most non-flashoholics won't baby their lights.

:crackup:How right you are....i completely forgot that they use purses instead of pockets :shakehead Some of my friends put so much in there, it a wonder they know where it all is. The stuff they pull out of there makes me want to :banghead:. If i ever had a purse, it would be filled with lights.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mwaldron

Enlightened

Yep, my GF carries a SF A2 in her purse, it's already showing wear in the HA already and it's been in there for less than a year...

Saltwater, Sand, Women's purse. Not sure what order to rank those in for destruction...

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well it would deffinatley be a purse light but she has plenty of pockets that she would probably keep it mostly seperate from her other stuff. And if powder coating is the best answer I might have to go talk to my buddy who works at a powder coating shop. Hes offered to do much larger projects for free so I doubt hed mind doing a light?
And yes ive thought about winelights but then id have to get the LED head powder coated too anyway... Unless someone knows of an LED thatll fit in a stock E1e head :poke: