• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Withdrawn* WTB: FM M6 extension - 26mm version

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I just got an M6 and I would love to be able to use it with some D cells I have. Don't worry, I will use them with a protection circuit. Anyway, one of Fivemega's 26mm extensions would do the trick nicely, so I am hoping that some kind CPFer is holding on to one of these but not using it. They would then happen upon this thread and realize that they would rather convert it into liquid assets and PM me with a sales offer. :grin2:

Edit: Just to be clear, this is the original sales thread for the extension I am after.

I have withdrawn this request because I think I found a way to do what I want with more flexibility and with a shorter body too. See post 5 for details.

Last edited:

BSBG

Enlightened
Re: WTB: FM M6 extension - 26mm version

PM sent :wave:

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

I have decided to try the 19mm extension in combination with the short tail cup in order to accommodate either C or D sized cells (I hope). Thanks CPF for helping me to find this solution and for the multiple offers for 19mm extensions. lovecpf

DM51

Flashaholic

It will be very interesting to hear how this works out. I don't think anyone has tried 2x D-cells in an extended M6 before.

donn_

Flashaholic

It will be very interesting to hear how this works out. I don't think anyone has tried 2x D-cells in an extended M6 before.

Hmmm...I posted this early last year:
012-3.jpg

That M6 has two extensions, an FM and a Petrev XTN36. It runs all three of the cell-packs shown. Above is a 2xD pack from KD. Below are 2x 26650 Emoli cells and 2x 26650 A123 cells.

I've since added a second FM extension, and now run 3x AW C cells in it.

Last edited:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

I did mention 2xD cells in this thread
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=173352

and how to use either the (then) Short FM tube or my XTN36

"D-Cells when available ? ? ? Use these . . . "

Hmmm...I posted this early last year:
012-3.jpg

That M6 has two extensions, an FM and an AWR. It runs all three of the cell-packs shown. Above is a 2xD pack from KD. Below are 2x 26650 Emoli cells and 2x 26650 A123 cells.

I've since added a second FM extension, and now run 3x AW C cells in it.

Hi Donn

Nice to see an XTN36 getting some use
(made by Petrev not AWR ! he just kept quite a few that people had bought with his vanishing HD-M6)

Promo Photo

Cheers
Pete

donn_

Flashaholic

Hi Pete :wave:

I stand corrected! Thanks for setting me straight. It's a great little item. :thumbsup:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Pete :wave:

I stand corrected! Thanks for setting me straight. It's a great little item. :thumbsup:

Hi Donn
:thumbsup:

Just glad that some of them made it to end users and that they get some use now and then !

Keep up the good work
Cheers
Pete

Patriot

Flashaholic
That triple C is one very neat mag85 platform donn. :thumbsup:

Now, the emoli's and A123's aren't both 26650, are they? I'm asking because the combined OAL is way different.