Surefire for Australians?

maxwellsmart

Newly Enlightened
I'm from Australia and want to get a few Surefire lights. All the shops I seem to find online either don't ship to Oz at all or charge a fortune for shipping. I've found a couple Brick & Mortar stores here in Melbourne but they only had a few models and are very expensive too. Any other aussies here can tell me where to look? Cheers.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm from Australia and want to get a few Surefire lights. All the shops I seem to find online either don't ship to Oz at all or charge a fortune for shipping. I've found a couple Brick & Mortar stores here in Melbourne but they only had a few models and are very expensive too. Any other aussies here can tell me where to look? Cheers.
soupdm3.jpg

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ask the brick and mortar stores that stock Surefires to order the model you want, will they get it for you? They should have access to the entire Surefire product line. It never hurts to ask.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
You could try:

LE Gear

Or if you wanted them even cheaper you could try using a service which gives you a US postal address, collects the mail & then on sends it to you.

I also believe that there was a CPF member doing similar on CPFM.

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened

I am sorry to hear again of something like this happening. I have hard time understanding why our friends and allies have to go through this crap. I do understand that your Country is a good trip, but I can't for the life of me figure out the red tape. I would deny China and others if I had an ounce of say, but I don't.
Thing going on here for several months are that the gun stores / ammunition companies are sold out in just about every caliber of weapons. Thank goodness I stockpiled my stuff here a few years ago.
Good luck getting your SureFires, that is the only flashlight I have on a few of my rifles.

Force Attuned

Enlightened
Check on Ebay or just wait until the Aussie dollar gets close again to that of the US $$$.

I have purchased most of my Surefires and accessories on Ebay when the Aussie dollar was in the high .90US cents last year and saved a bucketload and also made the most of Paypal promos.

I will send you a PM with the Ebay seller details.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maxwell...

Not a lot of luck here mate. We get ripped off big time.

http://www.jpt-australia.com/

These guys sell Surefire's. Not sure how the prices compare..
I buy my new Surefires from LEGear. They have a local retail shop at Burleigh, Gold Coast.

Get a price from www.jpt-australia.com and then LEGear will beat that price! I bought 2 new 6P's for $80 each!

Personally, if I was after one of the dearer models such as a A2 or U2, I would bypass Australian dealers and just buy an immaculate used example on CPF MarketPlace - works for me!

Good luck,

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy my new Surefires from LEGear. They have a local retail shop at Burleigh, Gold Coast.

Get a price from www.jpt-australia.com and then LEGear will beat that price! I bought 2 new 6P's for $80 each!

Personally, if I was after one of the dearer models such as a A2 or U2, I would bypass Australian dealers and just buy an immaculate used example on CPF MarketPlace - works for me!

Good luck,

Did you purchase the regular incandescent 6P or the 6P LED? Curious that's all.

656nm

Newly Enlightened
I've found US based vendors who will ship overseas if you ask. I also have a mailbox in California for those who won't.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was lucky enough to purchase one (back when our dollar was almost equal) still new in it's packet off a fellow flash-a-holic... the only thing I regret was I didn't buy 2! :D

+1 for watching the Buy/Sell/Trade forums in CPF's Marketplace :thumbsup:

maxwellsmart

Newly Enlightened
Geee you really have to be quick to get anything in the marketplace. And I wish there wasn't so many members shipping within the US only.