Back to the Toilets....and now the Toilet Paper !!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I mentioned in some other thread about how obsessed certain groups seem to be with toilet flushing, where in the USA larger capacity gallon per flush toilets are no longer made due to govt. mandated regulations. This is a logical progression of their unchecked fanaticism to now start charging in a certain country for each flush. It may seem like a silly story, but it illustrates what can happen. I can think of a hundred more palatable alternatives to resolve what is trying to be addressed by this draconian measure.

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Back to the Toilets!

Charge by the flush? Oh that's gonna hurt your wallet. Guess you have to be more judicious of your toilet use now.

jtr1962

Flashaholic

Effectively any house with a water meter is already paying per flush. :toilet: Now this might be a legitimate idea in places where they really do have a water shortage and no cost effective ways to resolve it. But the one size fits all policy even in places with plenty of water just makes no sense to me. The downsides to fewer flushes are of course more readily clogged sewers and possible increase in disease. To be blunt, if you curtail the number of flushes by not wiping properly, you dramatically increase your chances of getting many diseases. Not to mention smelling offensive to those around you. :green: :sick2: :barf:

dilbert

Enlightened

I guess I'll make sure the sink has a good garbage disposal :eeew:

I already pay per flush, because my sewage rates are based on my water usage. Sucks during the summer lawn watering months.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Need to build a nice bench on the windowsill so I can poop out the window in total comfort.

Thanks for the heads up! lovecpf

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Need to build a nice bench on the windowsill so I can poop out the window in total comfort.

Thanks for the heads up! lovecpf

LOL! Yeah, I was thinking of all the nice places that one could poop to show their enjoyment of the new law.

brucec

Enlightened

Actually, one of the toilets in my house is from Japan where resource conservation is obviously important. It is a tankless type which I believe also reduces the water usage per flush. It also differentiates between "small" and "big" (#1 & #2), using presumably less water for "small".

For those that are interested in toilet tech, pressing "big" on the remote controller (yes, remote control) will yield a heartier flush and also dispense a bit of foamy detergent. Other features include heated seat (only feature I personally appreciate), proximity sensor auto-lid open/close with nightlight activation, various bidet settings from gentle rinse to power wash, and of course, a warm air dry cycle. I think there may be other options, but I am not as fluent in Japanese as my wife and I dare not go wantonly pressing buttons with an exposed bum on the seat.

The toilet was obviously my wife's idea...:ironic:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Put a bucket in the shower and collect the cold water you bleed off in the morning for your shower. Use that water to flush the toilet.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Australia is a crazy country, up north in Queensland half the state is flooded and down in Victoria we have unprecedented bush fires and drought. Some places in Queensland have been getting Victoria's annual rainfall in a matter of hours. At the moment Victoria's water storages are about 30% of capacity. Victoria is currently building a desalination plant to cope with future water needs, remember that Australia - the Driest Continent on earth. For a long time now we have had Dual flush toilets, our toilets also use a lot less water than in the U.S. . I don't remember any dual flush toilets last time I was in the U.S. but I do remember the toilet being half full of water, the first time I flushed an American toilet I thought it was going to overflow, they seem use a lot more water than necessary.

I think that the above article is about a proposal that will never really happen but it does raise water awareness.
Norm

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Obviously the biggest problem facing the world is population growth. I think Saudi Arabia leads the world in desalination technology. I suspect there is much more discovery/innovative technology that can be brought to this issue. I wonder how the cosmonauts and space station deals with people's poop. Do they eject them into a reentry incineration? Bombs Away! I remember the good old days on trains where you would flush the crapper, and watch the RR tracks fly by.

roguesw

Enlightened

Actually, one of the toilets in my house is from Japan where resource conservation is obviously important. It is a tankless type which I believe also reduces the water usage per flush. It also differentiates between "small" and "big" (#1 & #2), using presumably less water for "small".

For those that are interested in toilet tech, pressing "big" on the remote controller (yes, remote control) will yield a heartier flush and also dispense a bit of foamy detergent. Other features include heated seat (only feature I personally appreciate), proximity sensor auto-lid open/close with nightlight activation, various bidet settings from gentle rinse to power wash, and of course, a warm air dry cycle. I think there may be other options, but I am not as fluent in Japanese as my wife and I dare not go wantonly pressing buttons with an exposed bum on the seat.

The toilet was obviously my wife's idea...:ironic:

I live in Japan and have to agree, the bidet option is the best way to clean and helps reduce the amount of paper used and ultimately reduces the number of times we need to flush.
The bidet is a great invention, just leaves u feeling cleaner.

Culhain

Enlightened

That is the reason that a gentleman always walks on the outside of a lady. In times past, waste was thrown (desposited) from upstairs windows and by being on the outside the gentleman would protect the lady from the plop of the poop. Also, it would give the gentlemen a better shot at the posterior of the pooper. :laughing:

jusval

Enlightened

Well we had an Outhouse till I was in my teens:aaa:. I guess I could go back to that:toilet:. We grew some hellacious gardens from the waste :eeew: (after it decayed).

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

That is the reason that a gentleman always walks on the outside of a lady. In times past, waste was thrown (desposited) from upstairs windows and by being on the outside the gentleman would protect the lady from the plop of the poop. Also, it would give the gentlemen a better shot at the posterior of the pooper. :laughing:

I just painted my screen with water from laughing.

tygger

Enlightened

Put a bucket in the shower and collect the cold water you bleed off in the morning for your shower. Use that water to flush the toilet.

Great idea. And with new water rationing legislation in the works, it may just become a necessity.

brucec

Enlightened

I've seen toilets in Japan that have a small water faucet and basin directly on top of the tank. The idea is that when you wash your hands when you flush, that runoff water is used in the tank for the next flush. Other than killing whales and stuff like that, Japan is very eco-minded. Mass transportation that kicks NYC up and down the block, for one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I predict outhouses will become popular again.

What a retarded idea.... Charging per flush.

Will the country's health care system cover all the new cases of disease & infections that are going to crop up? Considering some folks will try to save money but not flushing as often as actually needed.