microfire k3500r

peterlie79

Newly Enlightened
:confused:Hi i have a question
i got a new microfire k3500r and it looks different than the pictures at the homepage.is the model changed for 2009?
I hope there´s anyone who can help me?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a photo hosting site like www.photobucket.com, it's free to use. Once you upload your pictures (I believe they have to be less than 800 x 600, please check forum rules), you copy the encoding listed below the photo, and viola.

Last edited:

peterlie79

Newly Enlightened
Hi there are some pictures!

034.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
It just looks like that updated the design slightly which I wasn't aware that they had done. They probably saved some machining steps and placing the word "tactical" on there ought to help them increase sales a little bit too.

I wonder if that makes mine a collectors item now...lol :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Just curious, do your new updated light still have a focus lock-down. It's hard to tell by the segments in the light now. On my older lights it's obvious.

Patriot

Flashaholic
no there is no lock for the focus anymore but it works pretty good

Oh, ok. I guess that's going to be the primary difference between the old and new then. I've found that the friction for the focus function is pretty stiff to begin with so it makes sense that they omitted that feature. I'm sure that everything MF changed was to reduce their manufacturing costs some.

peterlie79

Newly Enlightened
i think so too, but for me it´s the easier way to use the focus.the only thing that could be better is the color.7000k is a little too much for me.is a polarion pf40 much brighter than the k3500r?

HIDSGT

Enlightened
This is the first I am seeing the new model.

I was hoping when a new model was released it would be more powerful or atleast have a longer run time. I guess sales for the current model are good enough and they didn't feel it was necessary.

I do like the newer focus feature. I have never changed my focus so that's kind of a novelty for me but a better design.

Seems like the reflector could be smoother tho.

peterlie79

Newly Enlightened
there´re only 4 cooling fins because there´s no lock for the focus anymore.i didn´t use the focus too.i guess the technical data is still the same as the old model.