Elektro Lumens Fire Sword

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Any opinions about this 'flashlight'?
Is it a "must have" for the "show off" collector or not?

And dont even ask why I think I need one :shakehead

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi!

No doubt the Fire Sword seems to be a "killer". Yes, I actually is surprised that I still didn't read any review of it. I considered to order one, but chosed the "half model" of it instead; the dropin to Maglite 3D, which consists of two of the same LEDs/reflectors.

Regards, Patric

DigitalGreaseMonkey

Newly Enlightened
And dont even ask why I think I need one :shakehead

:) :) :)

I am in the same boat. I'm a security guard and I am currently using an L900 daily. This light is better than most people ever could wish for, yet I have tried an experiment where I held three lights of similar output together and I really liked that increase in output. Simply doubling the output was not really satisfying. I guess it is like things in the audiophile world, double the power yields a noticeable increase in sound level, not a dramatic increase.

Have you seen the Elekrolumens home page? I have been exchanging emails with Wayne and he has been very kind and forthcoming with his responses to my ignorant questions.

I am going to do another experiment tonight to see if the nearly pure flood of the Firesword will do the trick for me. I am going to run those three lights through a fresnel diffuser to see what that looks like. It will not equal the output of the Firesword, but it will get me into the ball park.

I know that I just want one. The workmanship appears to be top notch, I just need to have some additional justification. :)

Best regards,
DGM

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
:) :) :)

I am in the same boat. I'm a security guard and I am currently using an L900 daily. This light is better than most people ever could wish for, yet I have tried an experiment where I held three lights of similar output together and I really liked that increase in output. Simply doubling the output was not really satisfying. I guess it is like things in the audiophile world, double the power yields a noticeable increase in sound level, not a dramatic increase.

Have you seen the Elekrolumens home page? I have been exchanging emails with Wayne and he has been very kind and forthcoming with his responses to my ignorant questions.

I am going to do another experiment tonight to see if the nearly pure flood of the Firesword will do the trick for me. I am going to run those three lights through a fresnel diffuser to see what that looks like. It will not equal the output of the Firesword, but it will get me into the ball park.

I know that I just want one. The workmanship appears to be top notch, I just need to have some additional justification. :)

Best regards,
DGM

Nope, forget justification, I just want one :grin2:

Yeah, I visit the website frequently! LOL, and have sent Wayne a few
emails. I did find out that you need to make sure your 18650's have the
little nipple on the + end, or no contact.