New Primus Headlamps PE and E

nzbazza

Enlightened
Primus have announced 2 new headlamps, the Power Eye and the Eye. The only difference seems to be the bin of the Cree XRE led, P4 for the Power Eye and N4 for the Eye.

Common details are:
Batteries: 2AAA
Weight: 60g
Two levels Hi and Low plus SOS
Runtime on Lo given as 18 hrs
IPX4 water resistance

Photos and Details here:

http://www.primus.se/Templates/Pages/3_cols_white_middle.aspx?SectionId=5888

If only they used a Q5/R2 bin Cree....:sigh:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmm their website is terrible, I can't get anywhere. Flash is just so nasty.
Anyway...
I really doubt there are N4 Cree XR-Es. I'd think the N4 bin may be an XC-E :thinking:
But I do agree it is too bad they don't use Q5 bins.
Thanks for keeping an eye out for new stuff. :D

robostudent5000

Enlightened
sorry to resurrect this old thread, but i was wondering if anyone has owned or used either of these Primus headlamps - either the Primelite PE or Primelite E, but more interested in the E? i'm always interested in 2xAAA headlamps and noticed the Primelite E cheap on Amazon and wanted to see if it's worth getting (according to the Cree binning guide, the N4 should have about 60% the brightness of a Q5, so i'm thinking the output of the Primelite E would be around 20-30 lumens? ). curious to see what the build quality, brightness, and battery life are like, especially since i read somewhere these were actually manufactured in Sweden - kind of a novelty for a light available in the US.

Edit (4/27): darn, price went back up, way up. nevermind.

Last edited:

5150Bronco

Newly Enlightened
well, it was just not tough enough, bulky for me and did not feel like a part of my head..., if that makes sense.