Am I the only one who finds himself clicking on his TK11 for the hell of it?

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Doesn't matter if I'm at work, driving or out somewhere. More often than not, I find myself shining my TK11 on many things. Things like hillsides, trees, buildings, inside my place, car, etc!

I just do it!

Its like the Blackberry you just can't put it down and find yourself playing with it.
Am I the only one?

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I was(no joke) just doing that as I was walking to my garage to use it. haha that's funny. It's fun to use because I'm so used to edc-ing my reverse clicky lights, so when I go to a forward clicky(I think that's what it's called) it's just something different and fun.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Well, as I sit here typing this on my Blackberry, I have to agree with you. I click my lights on all the time. Even in the house when it's still daylight. I'll shine it in my dark closet, in a cupboard, and instead of turning the garage light on, I'll just use my flashlight.

My wife will often say, "Don't tell me you just went in there so you could use your flashlight!?".

What's a flashaholic to do, huh?

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
I NEVER EVER click on a TK11 just for the hell of it.

Lights that I actually own are another story. :sssh:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
guilty.

i use the momentary of my tk11 to flicker it just for fun..

i tend to do that with all my lights, to point at something with the beam.. "thats the dvd-remote there"
i tend to check my lights they work everytime one seems to be near my hands.

amusing story:

just before new year i was driving thru town as my friend called me.. i pulled over and answered..

1st thing he said: "Hi, so i guess you still havent installed your carstereos yet..?"
Me: "umm.. No?? why you ask that.. how did u know?"

He: "well im here on the construction site next to the trafficlights you just left.."
Me: " ah yeah.. so? the stereos? hows that related to this?"

He: "i saw you stopping to redlights.. clearly you got bored fast.."
Me: " ermmm.. yeah" (now i started to realise the reason for the call:)

He: " and there were you sitting alone in your car, singing or something and flickering a flashlight to the ceiling of your car while you waited the lights to turn to green.."

Me: " ahmm.. yeah.. just entertaining myself"

He: "and then you started to drive ahead and shined the light at the construction site as you drove past.. and continued to flicker the light on next traffic lights too.."

me: *laughing..* "true that.. but how could you see me in both lights?"

He: "i had to run across the apartment and to the other room just to check if you continue it.. and was trying to get our f*kin huge spotlight hid to work in time to shine into your car too! but couldnt!"

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Well, as I sit here typing this on my Blackberry, I have to agree with you. I click my lights on all the time. Even in the house when it's still daylight. I'll shine it in my dark closet, in a cupboard, and instead of turning the garage light on, I'll just use my flashlight.

My wife will often say, "Don't tell me you just went in there so you could use your flashlight!?".

What's a flashaholic to do, huh?
Well ummm I'm typing on my blackberry too and ummmm I do the same things.

Lol

Broad daylight, blinds open ill still shine the TK11 on the wall just cause. Ill go into the closet just to use it or the LD20 on low of course.

My 6yr old niece loves my lights. I let her have my L2D Q5 lol.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I always sit watching TV with a light in my hand, sometimes I'll flash it into a dark corner sometimes I'll just be turning it over and over in my hand.

My wife no longer says anything, I think she is gotten used to my strange habits.
Norm

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raises hand.

Yup click on the lights for no reason other than to shine into the corners of the room. Other times the lights are used when I need to go into the kitchen for something :whistle:

Burgess

Flashaholic
I always sit watching TV with a light in my hand, sometimes I'll flash it into a dark corner sometimes I'll just be turning it over and over in my hand.

My wife no longer says anything, I think she is gotten used to my strange habits.
Norm

She's just happy it's not a Revolver !

:whistle:
_

A/V Dude

Newly Enlightened
I do it with my.....TK11, Spear, H60, Nite Ize Mini Mag, WF-500, and will most likely do it with my TK40.:nana::wave:

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
About 3hrs ago I was in my car shining my LD20 and TK11 onto the floor. Just clicking away for the hell of it.

I was parked of course.

Lol hell sometimes I shine both on the walls of my room just to see the hotspots.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that's a universal symptom of CPFers :laughing:

On another case, do people love to hold on to D10s for the strangely therapeutic effect of their nicely knurled body???
Well, I do :whistle:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
No i do not. Cos i dont own a TK11. But i click, momentary click, twist everything else though :laughing:

I find myself programming and reprogramming my Jetbeams thinking, "hmmm, do i want to strobe them first, max out their eyeballs with 225 lumens first, or start out really low and WOW 'em later?"

(usually end up starting on minimum, waiting for them to go, "you paid THAT MUCH for such a low level light?" then whack 'em with 225 lumens with the next click)

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I click my lights on all the time. Even in the house when it's still daylight. I'll shine it in my dark closet, in a cupboard, and instead of turning the garage light on, I'll just use my flashlight.
:crackup: I thought I was the only one.
That's me EXACTLY, my roomate thinks I'm nuts. He's like "What are you doing?" .......It's hard to explain to people. :crackup: :eek:

glockbob

Newly Enlightened
Am I the only one who has a flashlight sitting beside them right now. I was just monetarily blipping my maglite ROP. As I was walking up the stairs to turn on the computer I did a reverse wall bounce from the top of the stairs(beam of light pointed behind me) I couldn't believe how the light was able to illuminate the upstairs from light reflecting of the downstairs wall.

Flashlight geek, flashaholic, whatever you call me, doesn't matter if you're having fun doing it.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
On another case, do people love to hold on to D10s for the strangely therapeutic effect of their nicely knurled body???
Well, I do :whistle:

I have done that on several occasions. :whistle:

Am I the only one who has a flashlight sitting beside them right now. I was just monetarily blipping my maglite ROP. As I was walking up the stairs to turn on the computer I did a reverse wall bounce from the top of the stairs(beam of light pointed behind me) I couldn't believe how the light was able to illuminate the upstairs from light reflecting of the downstairs wall.

When I am just at home, I usually have a Photon Freedom around my neck and a McGizmo Sundrop in my pocket. Many time I forego turning on the lights just so I can use my flashlight. :grin2:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flashlight geek, flashaholic, whatever you call me, doesn't matter if you're having fun doing it.

Guilty again. I have a L shaped desk and my light collection is sitting to my left. Sometimes I swing around and start clicking away, question is which light to choose? LoL