maglite 1-10 cell???

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I think it would be really cool if maglite put out a special line of lights that just ranged from 1-? cells. just for like a limited time or something... I don't know how hard it would be for them to change their machines to do that or whatever... or if they just made like a 12D cell light.... that would be sweet. and probably actually bright!

I would definitely buy one!!!!

would you?

Illum

Flashaholic
To a certain point it would no longer be practical...when your working with an assembly line, its not what oughta be, but what should be after an analysis of potential customers. Even if its a small assembly line that requires 1000 orders minimum to have a profit, trying to find a customer whose willing to buy a maglite as tall as he is isn't gonna be easy, let alone 1K [or in these big industries, >100K]

and no, personally I don't think a 6D is practical, let alone a 12

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I prefer the bigger bang in a smaller package; my 2D Mag (TLE-300, 600 lumens) is brighter than a theoretical 12D model (450 lumens) :D

Illum

Flashaholic
There are several builders/machinists who will sell/perform a 1D cutdown for you over in the Builders And Modders section. In most cases it's pretty inexpensive.

bring your 6D over and have it cut down, have the engineer thread one end of the lopped off portion into male threads then have it sold in customs BST as an extender for existing 6Ds...a 10D is closer than you think:nana:

FM sell mm extensions: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206419
If he can make small extensions he can certainly do a longer length, hes a busy man so unless you have incredible talents in convincing people to make a run of them...good luck :)

Last edited:

importculture

Newly Enlightened
bring your 6D over and have it cut down, have the engineer thread one end of the lopped off portion into male threads then have it sold in customs BST as an extender for existing 6Ds...a 10D is closer than you think:nana:

FM sell mm extensions: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206419
If he can make small extensions he can certainly do a longer length, hes a busy man so unless you have incredible talents in convincing people to make a run of them...good luck :)

I would personally buy a 12D light. Well, as long as they make the body thicker. I would love an extender but my 6D cell mag's body is pretty thin and don't think it could support an extender with subsequent D cells. I was trying to bang a parking lot pole loose and it actually bent luckily the crushed battery didn't leak. I run them using a terralux TLE-300 (love these replacements) and if terralux created a p7 or mc-e to go with that 12D I would definately carry one daily.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are several builders/machinists who will sell/perform a 1D cutdown for you over in the Builders And Modders section. In most cases it's pretty inexpensive.

Thanks for tip!

It would be fun to use a 1D or maybe C with one cell. But I then need a LED-dropin to Maglite which is suited for that low voltage. Is there any?

Regards, Patric

StarHalo

Flashaholic
But I then need a LED-dropin to Maglite which is suited for that low voltage. Is there any?

You use a battery adapter to pack several cells into the 1D space. An easy example would be a 3AA/1D adapter and the Mag 3D bulb, 80+ lumens and now your 1D is brighter than a 2D. Or a 3AA/1D adapter loaded with 14500s and a TerraLUX TLE-300 drop-in, 500+ lumens, etc. A lot of possibilities just by getting creative with the batteries.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
You use a battery adapter to pack several cells into the 1D space. An easy example would be a 3AA/1D adapter and the Mag 3D bulb, 80+ lumens and now your 1D is brighter than a 2D. Or a 3AA/1D adapter loaded with 14500s and a TerraLUX TLE-300 drop-in, 500+ lumens, etc. A lot of possibilities just by getting creative with the batteries.
You can run 1 C or D sized Li-ion, too...

Illum

Flashaholic
protected C sized li-ion from AW has been out of stock for awhile.:ohgeez:

there are D li-ions on DX/Kai but they are unprotected so use it at your own risk:candle: