Surefire RMA

alantch

Enlightened
Hi all,

I need some advice on how best to send in my light to SF for repairs. I already have an RMA# from SF for my A2, but the issues only concern the head. Question : do I ship them the whole light or just the head? I've read of users sending in their lights and got slightly different or even less then perfect parts returned to them after repairs, so I would like to avaoid that as much as possible by not sending in my 4-flats body, besides some savings on the shipping.

Any advice from those who've had SF RMA experience(s)? Thanks.

tango44

Enlightened
Hi all,

I need some advice on how best to send in my light to SF for repairs. I already have an RMA# from SF for my A2, but the issues only concern the head. Question : do I ship them the whole light or just the head? I've read of users sending in their lights and got slightly different or even less then perfect parts returned to them after repairs, so I would like to avaoid that as much as possible by not sending in my 4-flats body, besides some savings on the shipping.

Any advice from those who've had SF RMA experience(s)? Thanks.

If the issue is only the head like a shattered glass or something like that just send the head they will repair or change the hole thing.
My L4 was shattered and I sent the hole light, I write down all my serial numbers and when I got it back the body was the same serial #, the head was a different serial # they changed the hole thing and the tailcap was new too.

Rverdi

Newly Enlightened
I just called in for an RMA to ship my L4 in. They were very specific in telling me to ship the entire light with no batteries.

Monkiee

Newly Enlightened
Usually, Surefire RMA will tell you what to mail in. You can also mention the fact that your light is an older model and that you want to receive it back. Surefire CS is really helpful. I just love their service!

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I dropped of my U2 i made sure I had the new 3 round non 18mm body on it. Got the same body back, but you never know on older styles they might try to phase out.

qarawol

Enlightened
Sending the entire Flashlight is best. If the head alone was an optional purchase, then sending only the head would be fine. Since the A2 does not offer only the head, send in the whole thing.

I had a live experience the hard way. I brought in several Flashlights in person for repair that I had ready to ship. Since I was going to pick up the new catalogs, I decided to hand deliver the defective items. Along with misc full Flashlights and other optional defective parts, I only had the head of my U2 for I wanted to save on overall shipping weight. They rejected it there on the spot. I begged a pleaded for I was there and the defective U2 head was in my hand. NOPE! Since the U2 head could not be purchase separately, it must be the complete Flashlight. So I had to go home and send it. Play it safe, send the it all.

I had a PK logo on my U2 body and boy was I scared I wasn't going to see it again. A month+ later, all is well.

Njoy...