How do you carry your Surefire & Holster questions

Drjones

Enlightened
Hi all.

Probably gonna purchase a C2 soon. Few questions:

- Does anyone here clip it IWB? (Inside WaistBand)

- http://www.countycomm.com/kydexpage.htm Do these holsters hold the lights close to the body? Those here who have them; do you like them?

- How do you guys carry your Surefires?

Thank you!
Drjones

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
after i got my arc LSH-P my C2 went in my bag, but as and when i want to carry the C2 on my person, i clip it to the inside of my pocket with the bezel sticking out. you can also clip it on your belt. clipping it on the inside of your waistband is possible, but i've tried it before and found it rather uncomfortable. hope that helped. good choice on the C2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
I use something similar to one of these for my 6Z

MCT2_a.jpg

Geoff

shrap

Enlightened
Re: How do you carry your Surefire & Holster quest

I've got one of those Kydex holsters from Countycomm, for a minimag. I never use it.

I originally bought it for horizontal carry on the belt - in practice, a bad idea. Every time I sat down, it would jam into my back. I wear a backpack, so whenever I took the backpack off it would get in the way.

The only place I could carry my Minimag in its holster is at 3-oclock and at 9-oclock, vertically. My phone is already at 9-oclock, and three-oclock is too much in the way of my strong-side hand.

Sorry for the digression -

About the holster itself - it is great when taking the light out and putting it back in. The Tek-lock feels gigantic, but is well-constructed and is sizable for different width belts. But it is a considerable heft of plastic even without the light in it.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How do you carry your Surefire & Holster quest

chamenos -

LSH-P replaced C2 as EDC? That surprises me. Why?

Drjones -

Sorry about the OT. Maybe we both need to know this. I thought they were for very different purposes.