Here's what I'm thinking for EDC. Your opinions?

Drjones

Enlightened
Here\'s what I\'m thinking for EDC. Your opinions?

Hi all.

Here's what I'm thinking for EDC:

-Surefire C2 with P61 lamp. This will be for SD-use only, NOT as a general purpose light unless absolutely necessary. I want the brightest light possible for stun/blinding effect, and have decided on the C2 w/P61. (Much thanks to you all for your help in guiding me to it!!!)

- Inova X5T. I love this thing. Don't have one just yet, though I do have the old style, and I *love* it, so I'm gonna get the new one. This WILL be a general purpose light due to its very long run time, brightness, etc. The old one will stay where it is in the pouch of my Strider sheath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

- Might get an ARC AAA just because they seem cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

- Need to replace the Inova microlight on my keychain. It still works, but the constant-on slider switch doesn't. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

What do y'all think? I've considered the A2, but its expensive and not bright enough for SD purposes. (IMO) Also, someone else here had a VERY good point about not relying only on one light.

Thanks!
Drjones

kev1-1

Enlightened
Re: Here\'s what I\'m thinking for EDC. Your opinions?

Hi! Sorry to confuse matters...but perhaps a SureFire G2z with P61 would be a cheaper, slightly smaller, just as powerful version of the C2 for your self defence light?

Oh, I believe that the kydex holsters at countycomm are made by Eric of on/scene tactical, whom I can highly recommend as top notch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened

I second the G2Z+P61 recommendation. I used to EDC a C2+P61 for the very reasons set forth by Drjones, but now EDC the G2Z because of the weight. Also, with long duration carry, the HA finish wears and the bezel edges of the C2 got "dinged" -- by contrast, the G2Z looks basically the same.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

kev1-1: the C2 is the same size as the G2Z, and the C2 has the added advantage of having a clip so a holster isn't necessary for carrying it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

drjones: good choice on the C2! thats what i carry too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif in addition to a C2 i now carry around an arc LSH-P. you can get the arc AAA to replace your inova keychain light.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

E2E is more pocketable and the ARC LSH-P way better than the Inova X5, yea the runtime is good but it's long run time is long because it doesn't give off much light. It's too big a trade off in my opinion.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

drjones: i completely understand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i know its kinda irrational, but i too couldn't justify spending that much on what is essentially a plastic light. anyway i've been carrying my C2 for a while now, and its been dropped a lot but its still going strong. i'm sure you'll like your C2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif btw are you getting it in black or HA?

SUREFARC

Enlightened

What do you mean by SD use?

sph3ric_pyramid

Newly Enlightened

SD: Self Defense.

Although, IMO the use of a light and only a light for self-defense seems questionable to me, although I'm sure it will be excellent when used appropriately in conjunction with another S.D. tool (e.g. gun, etc.), unless your only objective is to stun temporarily in order to gain time to escape. If that's the case, pepper spray may serve you better.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Here\'s what I\'m thinking for EDC. Your opinion

A few CPF'ers have modified the E2/e bezel to take the P61 lamp (you transplant it into the E2 reflector). It can even take the P91 lamp if you add a cell extender to turn it into a "P3".

Note that the P61 is not really brighter than the P60 in terms of intensity of the hot spot. It puts out more light because it makes a bigger spot, but intensity in the spot is about the same. The P90 and P91 are also similar to each other in brightness but different in spot size. Both are more intense than the P60/61.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

it can be used in preventive self-defence when more situational awareness might allow you to avoid a threat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif once i spot a threat i'll take off as fast as i can though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened

Thanks sph3ric_pyramid ! I guess the use of stunning light is a way to esccape with mercy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

reddwarf

Newly Enlightened

JMHO,I think those are very good choices,a vey bright light with good throw,and a water-proof,long runtime,task light that with fresh batteries will more than get you through a full night.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was thinking about getting the C2 and getting the M2 bezel for it, but after calculating the prices, the M2 really comes out about the same price and you get both lamp assemblies. Just something to think about.
-ERiC

shrap

Enlightened

MOre importantly for EDC:

How are you going to carry both the C2 and the X5?

The Arc AAA and Microlight are nearly weightless, but the C2 and X5 are more substantial.

Have you invested in sheaths, holsters? Belt carry?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

the C2 can be carried comfortably clipped on the inside of my pocket, though this is subjective. the M2 bezel is shock isolated, but its meant to protect the lamp assembly from the forward and backwards motion of a recoiling weapon rather than a drop on the asphalt on the side. IMO the extra bulk isn't really worth it, since i've dropped my C2 with the stock bezel from waist height onto cement floor countless times without blowing the bulb or knocking the filament out of focus.

Drjones

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
shrap said:
MOre importantly for EDC:

How are you going to carry both the C2 and the X5?

The Arc AAA and Microlight are nearly weightless, but the C2 and X5 are more substantial.

Have you invested in sheaths, holsters? Belt carry?

[/ QUOTE ]
Please see this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=240476&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Well, the X5 fits into most of my pockets quite easily, so that's that. I may consider a Kydex holster from it from countycomm. As for the C2, I'm not sure, as I've never seen one in person and don't know exactly how big it is. I'm thinking I could probably clip it IWB (yes, most of my pants are big enough to accomodate it I think), clip it in my pocket, or most likely, I'm very strongly considering a holster from Countycomm.

Anyone here have one? Do they hold the light close to the body?

Thanks

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

E2e, best EDC period. get a photon instead of the heavier/bulkier arc, cheaper too.

lhz

Newly Enlightened

The M2 is a great light, but think carefully if you can put up with the larger bezel and heavier weight. I like mine, but wish I bought a C2, G2, or E2e instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
lhz said:
The M2 is a great light, but think carefully if you can put up with the larger bezel and heavier weight. I like mine, but wish I bought a C2, G2, or E2e instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i've tried both the M2 and C2, both too bulky for carry. let me put it to you this way, i can feel the C/M2 when clipped to my pocket, i rarely feel the E2e.

i took them both out with fresh cells and could see very little difference between the E2e and C/M2 beam, 5lu is negligable.