Nokia 7650?

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hi all! I just started a new mobile contract and I am getting a "free" (like I don't know the line rental more than pays for the phone!) Nokia 7650 mobile. Does any one have an opinion on the phone? Whats the camera like etc?

Thank you!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The camera's not bad when used in good light (sure you'll know someone with a torch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) It's not up to digital camera standards but is ok for what it is.

As with most Nokias the phone has lots of features and the usual easy to navigate menu system.

From your post it sounds like you haven't received the phone yet, If it's not too late it may be worth considering the Nokia 3650 instead.

I recently spoke to a Nokia rep (I work for a large electrical retailer) and he told me that the 3650 is basically a MKII version of the 7650 with improvements and extra features such as the ability to record video clips.

The 3650 sells for £99.99 (on contract)

Here's the specs:

Video capture (Camcorder) and playback with RealOne player
Multimedia messaging (MMS) Combine picture, video, text, and voice clip in one message
Large colour screen display (176 x 208 pixels)
Java technology download new Java games and applications
Bluetooth, GPRS, WAP 2.0 browser
Tri-band (compatible for USA networks)
Polyphonic, Midi and WAV ringtones
Photo album
External memory card
Weight: 130g
Dimensions: 130 x 57 x 26 mm
Talktime: Up to 2-4 hrs
Standby time: Up to 150-200 hrs

ph_3650_phd.jpg

Don't get me wrong the 7650 is a good phone and you will probably be very happy with it, just wanted to make sure you were aware of all the options /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
Hey X-ray, cheers for the heads up! You are correct in that I haven't received the phone yet...but I am of the opinion that all mobile phones are over rated and prone to technical problems. Thus, I never actually "pay" for a phone...I only take that which comes "free" with my contract!! Besides I want an E2e...you cant have everything!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's reassuring to hear that the 7650 isn't junk though...cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif