• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mega Extreme II. 1pc second for sale!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mega Extreme II

Specs:

7075 aluminum
2mm SchottB270 double AR coated glass
27mm aluminum reflector, smooth type for the DD LED version and op for the MCE version
Nickel and gold plated interior and contact points
Gold plated spring
SC1600 DC/DC converter (Drive current to LED 1.6 amps)
HA III olive drab
Anti-roll collar
Silicone o-rings
Titanium scalloped bezel (offered separately with key)
serial number
Carrying case included
Uses only CR123's or RCR123's rated at 3.1 volts.
Runtime: 25 to 30 minutes. First 12 to 13 minutes is brightest and slowly declines til shut down.
Width of head: 31mm
Length of body: 81mm (minus scalloped bezel)

The price for both ME II and ME II AA is made with a Diamond Dragon LED tint of QY and tint of NY is $450.00

The upgraded version with a Cree MCE with a brightness of M and tint of WD is $480.00 cranks out over 500 lumens.

The titanium bezel is sold separately and is not included with the ME II. Price for the addition of the titanium scalloped bezel is $77.00.

Only 1pc available.

Send your payment to arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com PLEASE include your "CPF NAME" so I know who you are along with your complete shipping address.

Will need a week to ship out due to my condition.

Will post beam shots soon.

669s20.jpg

25jwgwo.jpg

15qwv9v.jpg

2yjygd2.jpg

vnh17k.jpg

fntuna.jpg

bdjtq0.jpg

120mn42.jpg

15y6opl.jpg

2pzzaiu.jpg

wlfafr.jpg

20gmoeu.jpg

I noticed that 98% of hobbiests and light manufacturers re-use the same converters even in their new lights to make more profit which in turn takes the fun and uniqueness out of these LED lights. Basically you get the same exact thing in a different body style. In other words, this is boring as hell. Could you imagine the feeling of bragging about your custom light collection made by the same manufacturer to friends and family. Then they notice that they act the same, have the similar characteristics. I think if you are a serious flashaholic, this should really bother you. Think about it. All my lights have different characteristics and of course a different DC/DC converter is developed and used for each model.

ARC mania

Last edited:

collector

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Mega Extreme II.

Nice !!
However, I don't see the dimensions of the light and the diameter of the reflector, or what batteries can be used.
A bit new to these lights.. please clarify...

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know what is hurting me - the economy - or flashlights.

Unfortunately I will have to pass on this one at this time. Maybe if I hadn't bought 2 of the Mega Micros....

Good luck - love your lights!

Neale

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

nfetterly: No worries, I don't expect the ME II's to sell so fast plus I may find seconds. Since you bought two MM's, I will be happy to hold onto a ME II.

ARC mania

litetube

Enlightened

My God!! Your lights are beautiful ARC !! Truly works of art , fantastic attention to detail right down the meticulously crafted Light Engines!!

Some day I would love to own one of your lights. I envy those in a position to obtain your work!!

Hello Michael,

I am a little puzzled by the description of the MEII. The power source is listed as a 3v 123, but I gather that the light with a slimmer body is powered by an AA. Correct? I also gather that it will not take a li-ion AA. If the AA is rated at 1.5 v, is the runtime half that of the 3v light? What is the runtime? What is the brightness in lumens? Thanks.

bill

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

william lafferty: The single AA version of the ME II with MCE LED is the same width as the CR123 version just a bit longer to accomodate a single AA battery. Run time is 40 minutes using an alkaline battery. Using either an NiMH AA battery rated at 2700mah or an Energizer lithium AA, light output is around 290 lumens to 300 lumens. Its my estimated guess using a lux meter. No, you can not use a lithium ion AA in this light. Hope this answers your questions.

ARC mania

dinokay

Enlightened

:paypal: For both the DD and the MCE using the CR123 battery. Mike I hope your feeling better and I'm looking forward to receiving these beauties.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

dinokay: PP received for one of eack. Thank you.

The first pictures shows the SC1500 (Mega Micro) on the left and the new SC1600 on the right. I assembled the components on each PCB by hand. The second picture shows the new module which holds the LED and converter in the Mega Extreme II. It has been gold plated in order to rid the contact points of resistance. A lot of work put into each ME II.

ARC mania

2i9r1vs.jpg

sza4p5.jpg

funder

Newly Enlightened

Interested to see the side by side beamshots comparison of Diamond Dragon version and M-CE version.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm working with one arm, need a few more days to ship. Here are some photos taken during assembly of the module. The last photo shows the height difference between the MM module (left side) and ME II module (right side) plus the difference between chem kote and gold plating. I take extreme care in assembly of each module as well as each flashlight.

ARC mania

11id8va.jpg

s662de.jpg

vrvr81.jpg

30skb3o.jpg

2jeraqp.jpg

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

The ME II's have pretty much all sold out. I have one left that is a second with a DD LED + carrying case for $350.00 shipped by express mail.

ARC mania