Modifications for Spotlight?

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
My question is:

Are there any easy, possibly non permanent modifications to improve the output on a police vehicle spotlight? Possibly a drop in mod?

I have been reading these forums for quite some time (never posted) but have not seen this mentioned.

Thanks in advanced.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any thing is possible but without more information about the light you wish to modify you probably will not get many answers.
If its a halogen try a higher output bulb.

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
Any thing is possible but without more information about the light you wish to modify you probably will not get many answers.
If its a halogen try a higher output bulb.

Good point, It's the police spotlight that comes on all of the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor models. I'll try to research and find out what type of light it is.

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
My light is exactly as this one pictured below:

DSC06450.jpg

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking maybe upgrade the bulb to an Osram 64625 HLX bulb, since it is running at spec it should give a good 3000+ lumens.

Is the stock assembly a sealed beam light or can you replace just the bulb?

AlexGT

Last edited:

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking maybe upgrade the bulb to an Osram 62625 HLX bulb, since it is running at spec it should give a good 3000+ lumens.

Is the stock assembly a sealed beam light or can you replace just the bulb?

AlexGT

I believe you can replace just the light but I have not taken it apart.

Where can I order the "Osram 62625 HLX bulbOsram 62625 HLX bulb" I tried to search google but had a hard time finding it.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry its 64625 and is rated at 3600 lumens at 12 volts but if you run it from your car power you could get more than 5000 lumens acording to the analysis done by member LuxLuthor here

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/179748

Clic on pic to see higher resolution image

You can buy it for $2.34 from this site:

http://www.bulbconnection.com/ViewItem/bcrw/itmid/133/oc/64625%20HLX/item.html

Make sure you order the "Osram"

I was able to get the bulb for around $6 in a local lamp store, just ask around.

HTH
AlexGT

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
Sorry its 64625 and is rated at 3600 lumens at 12 volts but if you run it from your car power you could get more than 5000 lumens acording to the analysis done by member LuxLuthor here

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/179748

Clic on pic to see higher resolution image

You can buy it for $2.34 from this site:

http://www.bulbconnection.com/ViewItem/bcrw/itmid/133/oc/64625%20HLX/item.html

Make sure you order the "Osram"

I was able to get the bulb for around $6 in a local lamp store, just ask around.

HTH
AlexGT

Thank you very much. When I get back in town I'll double-check to make sure it will fit, and I'll order and post pics.

Do you think this will fit right in or will I have to modify something/solder something in?

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you end up using it, buy more than 1 to keep as replacement and save on shipping, those bulbs have a low lamplife.

AlexGT

bodybagged

Newly Enlightened
If you end up using it, buy more than 1 to keep as replacement and save on shipping, those bulbs have a low lamplife.

AlexGT

How low is the lamplife? I rely on this lamp for work everynight as I work the midnight shift.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the "predicted life" column on the worksheet, it says for 13.2V about 15 hours, that's why I say buy several. or get another bulb with more life but less brightness like the 64623 HLX that has about 3500 lumens for 600 hours lamp life.

Here is the worksheet for the 64623 from same LL's tread

HTH
AlexGT