Reccomended UV Flashlight

randomlugia

Newly Enlightened
Pretty much what the title says. I'm just looking for a nice UV flashlight, preferably 50$ or less. The one on DX seems to be the only one I can find...

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are the cheapo ones on DX, but they don't look very good. You can do a google shopping search for the inova X1 UV, its discontinued but you might still be able to find one. There is also a terralux UV mag drop in.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/miulvikitwi1.html
don't forget, coupon code "CPF2006" for 5% off
I think Inova makes some other uv lights just try searching for inova uv, they are supposed to be pretty decent.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
You may check out Sunlite UV lights.

They do have a model in your price range: The Slim Jr. UV.

It is 395nm....and you don't need amber glasses.

What will be your application?

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
There are the cheapo ones on DX, but they don't look very good. You can do a google shopping search for the inova X1 UV, its discontinued but you might still be able to find one. There is also a terralux UV mag drop in.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/miulvikitwi1.html
don't forget, coupon code "CPF2006" for 5% off
I think Inova makes some other uv lights just try searching for inova uv, they are supposed to be pretty decent.

I just recieved this UV LED. It is going back. The output is very weak. I was expecting more. I have my eye open for something new. I would stay away from this TeraLux product.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'd be hard pressed to find a higher flux uv led than the cree xr's and xl's. However flux is not everything. Wavelength is important as well. The best I've found thus far for my line of work is the 370nm nicha led in the Arc aaa-uv. It works on most state Id's where my Aleph 19 with a cree xl uv at 500ma does not, although it is very bright. In the Op's dollar range I'd say go for the aaa-uv every time.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much what the title says. I'm just looking for a nice UV flashlight, preferably 50$ or less. The one on DX seems to be the only one I can find...

I bought this one and its good enough for me, picks up stains on bedsheets, watermarks, ids etc on cash and IDs.

It can fit p60 dropins too, i got this drop in and it works fine, the beam may not be perfect and very rarely you might lose electrical connection but that has happened on 0.0000005% of the time and its usually cos i was messing with the head. Some tightening and adjustment and it works again.

Its a nice hefty light, feels good and has a clip too. I've run it on 18650s and 2xRCR123s (3.6v) with both modules and they work fine.