• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Mag Anodize Run - Green. Closed - Lights at anodizer

cfromc

Enlightened
Custom Mag Anodize Run - Green. Lights done!

LIGHTS HAVE BEEN ANODIZED and are all shipped. CLOSED RUN

This is the offical sign-up thread for the custom anodize "green" run of Mag-Lites, originally discussed here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/219908

The light with the custom Talon bezel and tailcap is the custom anodize light, the other is a stock original green Mag Lite:
greenmag4.jpg

greenmag3.jpg

The lights will be stripped, polished, then anodized the green color in the pictures above. I will also do a couple high polish lights in this run. Expect the turn-around time to be about 6-8 weeks. Keep in mind this is a custom, one-off type process. The lights may have a slightly different tint than the color on the computer. I have no direct control over the anodizer although every effort has been made (and will be made) to ensure that the final product will be the best it can be, however, there will be no guarantee on the final surface finish or exact color.

I can get 2C, 3C, 4C, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, and 6Ds. If you want to anodize any other size, including custom sizes, you can either send it in to me or I may be able to arrange to have one made (PM or post your request). If you send your light to me, you can send it complete and I will remove the switch, reflector, bulb, window, etc. before anodizing or you can strip it first and just send the parts to be anodized. Once the anodizing is complete the light will be reassembled and sent back to you via USPS with delivery confirmation and insurance in the US (included in price below), OR add $6 to the pricing below for First Class Mail International shipping, or $18 more for Priority and another additional $12 if you want registered mail (only where available).

This run will be a maximum of 15 lights total, including green and polished. Please post the option below, a-h, light finish (green ano or polished), bezel type and finish and if you want the stock tailcap or bezel anodized if choosing a, b, c or g.

For Example:
"Option a, green, Talon-green" $119
or
"Option g, green, Executive-green, +stock tailcap & bezel +First Class International" $106

Pricing for Green or Polished finish:
Please note, more options have been added and pricing has changed (lower in most cases)

Complete Lights (w/o stock bezel or tailcap*):
a) 2C, 3C, 4C, 2D, 3D, 4D Incan., with Talon or Executive bezel, XCapeCap $119 (add $5 for 5D or 6D)
b) 2D LED, 3D LED, and 4D LED with Talon or Executive bezel, XCapeCap $127
*Add $2.50 each to also include and anodize the stock bezel or tailcap
- Subtract $20 w/o Custom Bezel (will come with original bezel, custom anodized)
- Subtract $17 w/o XCapeCap (will come with original tailcap, custom anodized)

c) host only, no switch, reflector, bulb or window 2C, 3C, 4C, 2D, 3D, 4D $117 (add $5 for 5D or 6D)
d) 2D or 3D Incan, stock bezel and tailcap $79
e) 4D Incan, 2D LED, 3D LED, stock bezel and tailcap $84
f) 4D LED, stock bezel and tailcap $89

Your Supplied Lights:
g) anodize + XCapeCap + custom bezel, US shipping: $95
- Subtract $21 w/o Custom Bezel (will come with original bezel, custom anodized)
- Subtract $18 w/o XCapeCap (will come with original tailcap, custom anodized)
h) anodize only, original bezel and tailcap anodized, no custom bezel or tailcap, US shipping $55

Added AA size, including light (including US shipping):
i) 2AA Incan with XCapeCap and custom bezel $90
j) 2AA LED with XCapeCap and custom bezel $100
k) 2AA Incan w/o XCapecap with custom bezel $67
l) 2AA Incan with XCapeCap w/o custom bezel $75
m) 2AA LED w/o XCapeCap with custom bezel $79
n) 2AA LED with XCapeCap w/o custom bezel $87

AA size, your supplied light 1AA to 3AA (including shipping back to you in the US)
o) anodize and XCapeCap and custom bezel $79
p) anodize and custom bezel $57
q) anodize and XCapeCap $65
r) anodize only $44

Added options for custom work by cmacclel:

Cutdown + Re-thread $29 (cut to 1D, 1.5D, etc.)
Tri-Bore for 3x 17670's or Quad bore $19
Groove Body $19

Combine 2 of the above, take $4 off
Combine all 3 of the above, take $7 off

If you are supplying your own light you can ship directly to cmaccel and he will ship to me once done (I will provide details via PM). If I am supplying the light I will take care of the shipping back and forth.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The prices above are for a quantity of 5 or more lights. If the quantity is 4 or less, the prices will be more. If you wish to have some of the above custom work done, please post and/or PM me before paying. Once I have at least 5 interested members, I can give an exact price.

Payment by Paypal or USPS Money Order. I need at least 10 sign-ups and payments to do the run. If 10 lights are not reserved then all payments will be returned in full. Paypal addy is gofastalot (at) aol.com

Custom bezel choices include: agressively crenellated "Talon" bezel in matching green, black HA, raw, or polished finish, or scalloped "Executive" bezel in matching green, black HA, or polished finish. Executive Bezel shown below:
Keith013b2.jpg

Polished Talon:
1823470-IMG_1192b.jpg

Reserved List - name: status:
1) zoran: reserved PIF PM sent 6/22
2) zoran: reserved PIF PM sent 6/22
3) xxxxxx
4) sizzlechest: reserved 2x2aa minimag incan PAID in full 7/8
5) cfromc: reserved
6) tanasit : reserved Paid in full, sent and received
7) tanasit: reserved paid in full, sent, and received
8) zoran: reserved PIF PM sent 6/22
9) tanasit: reserved Paid in full, sent, and received
10) motorhead66: reserved 2D LED Paid $70 PM sent 6/19

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sign-up: Custom Mag Anodize Run - Green or Polished

Would the price of $55 be for a 1.25D or would they be cheaper? What about if we supply a finned head and grooved body?

I thought the color would be a closer match to the original lime green. I"m assuming if they add more color, it will be closer to the standard green instead of lime?

What do you mean by high polish lights? Will they be bare aluminum or a high polish lime green?

Last edited:

cfromc

Enlightened

Would the price of $55 be for a 1.25D or would they be cheaper? What about if we supply a finned head and grooved body?

I thought the color would be a closer match to the original lime green. I"m assuming if they add more color, it will be closer to the standard green instead of lime?

What do you mean by high polish lights? Will they be bare aluminum or a high polish lime green?

$55 would be for any size light 1D-6D, finned and/or grooved same price. I wanted something close to the lime green color but not exact because I wanted it to be unique, so it is a lighter green. The high polish lights will be without any anodize color, just highly polished aluminum, almost like a chrome. With some further hand polishing with aluminum polish, a true chrome-like finish can be achieved. The high-polish lights will not come with the additional fine hand polishing.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can I supply my own KUI bezel too?
And I want your pointy tailcap.

Thanks,
Tanasit

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

By the way, I'm in for at least one 1.5D Mag host.

cfromc

Enlightened

Added options for custom work by cmacclel:

Cutdown + Re-thread $29 (cut to 1D, 1.5D, etc.)
Tri-Bore for 3x 17670's or Quad bore $19
Groove Body $19

Combine 2 of the above, take $4 off
Combine all 3 of the above, take $7 off

If you are supplying your own light you can ship directly to cmaccel and he will ship to me once done (I will provide details via PM). If I am supplying the light I will take care of the shipping back and forth.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The prices above are for a quantity of 5 or more lights. If the quantity is 4 or less, the prices will be more. If you wish to have some of the above custom work done, please post and/or PM me before paying. Once I have at least 5 interested members, I can give an exact price.

cfromc

Enlightened

Sorry, I can't do any stainless steel. Aluminum only.

greenLED

Flashaholic

What would be the price for:
- 2AA Incan w/o XCapecap & w/o custom bezel?

maddog

Enlightened

can you do a Mag-Charger? ... i would love to have one that's different from everyone else's at work .... hehe

cfromc

Enlightened

can you do a Mag-Charger? ... i would love to have one that's different from everyone else's at work .... hehe

As long as all of the internals can be removed like the Incan and LED models can be, then yes. I assume the MagCharger can be stripped down of the internals but I've never had one so I don't know for sure.