Flashlight Tag

Aces

Newly Enlightened
Anyone remember playing flashlight tag as a kid? Basically like regular tag but at night, and you tagged the person by shining a flashlight on them?

Such a fun game. I remember playing during one summer in New England with my cousins when I was 11 or 12. Now I wish I could travel back in time with my EagleTac and beat them all!

Anyone have any flashlight tag stories?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not specifically flashlight tag, but we did play frisbee tag by flashlight. We used to get in to a nearby underground car park after hours and run about on three levels trying to hit each other with our frisbees ( Tron had only recently come out). There was no lighting in the car park ( And I would of thought, pre CCTV too! ) so we took torches, of course. I seem to remember even doing it by candlelight on a couple of occaisions!! Glad there weren't many petrol fumes in there!

I would have thought if anybody tried to do this nowadays, the Police would be on us like a shot and we'd be serving out small sentences for aggravated Trespass and reckless endangerment, no doubt.

Where has all the innocence gone? (Grumpy old man calling...:devil:)

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone remember playing flashlight tag as a kid? Basically like regular tag but at night, and you tagged the person by shining a flashlight on them?

Such a fun game. I remember playing during one summer in New England with my cousins when I was 11 or 12. Now I wish I could travel back in time with my EagleTac and beat them all!

Anyone have any flashlight tag stories?

I do! I always had a 3D Maglite.

Jarski

Newly Enlightened
Imagine flashlight tag with polarion ph50 :laughing:
Edit: I think I have played this once, in school camp (we were there only one night). It was pretty funny.

Last edited:

ypsifly

Enlightened
We used to play when I was in the Boy Scouts. The version we played was like paintball...get "tagged" and you're out. One patrol goes out into the woods and hid. After a set period of time the second patrol would move out and find them.

One time we played with dozens of other troops. Something like 300 scouts total and we played a "capture the flag" version. Total chaos but my side won somehow.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
We used to play when I was in the Boy Scouts. The version we played was like paintball...get "tagged" and you're out. One patrol goes out into the woods and hid. After a set period of time the second patrol would move out and find them.

One time we played with dozens of other troops. Something like 300 scouts total and we played a "capture the flag" version. Total chaos but my side won somehow.

Lol unless they actually physically kicked you out or everyone had miracle morals, it was very easy to cheat.

Only paintball gave me the satisfaction of knocking people out. If they didn't want to play fair, they got what was coming in the form of extra extra colored balls.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never really had played flashlight tag in my life. Not sure why, but we liked playing tag and ghost in the graveyard in total darkness. Flashlight tag is sort of harder to play as there's only the honor system of who has been tagged and all of that stuff, I think that's why we never played it. Nobody seemed to have a light back then either, mine all "magically" vanished. It'd be awesome if they made flashlight tag shirts that like glow after you get tagged so there's no question about it.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our school, as well as our church youth group used to play a version of Capture the Flag at night. To "tag" someone, you had to shine a flashlight on them and yell their name. If you couldn't recognize who it was, they got away. I had a million candlepower spotlight for spotting and a 2AA Minimag for finding my way on the oposing side. We used glow in the dark frisbees as flags. I occasionally planted lightsticks as false flags to trick the other team. Does that count as cheating or is it just an advantage of being a flashoholic?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My 6 Y/O son and I do this all the time in the warm summer nights. Our only rule is "no sweeping". Meaning you can't just take your light and swing it around light a lightsaber, and cut someone in half:laughing:. You have to take aim and fire. His weapon of choice is a Surefire 6P, mine is an M2... both modded with LED modules.:thumbsup:

Hes my little bud... we do everything together. Heres me chasing him around on halloween, both of us hyped up on sugar!! I feel sorry for my wife... life with the two of us must be chaos.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Our school, as well as our church youth group used to play a version of Capture the Flag at night. To "tag" someone, you had to shine a flashlight on them and yell their name. If you couldn't recognize who it was, they got away. I had a million candlepower spotlight for spotting and a 2AA Minimag for finding my way on the oposing side. We used glow in the dark frisbees as flags. I occasionally planted lightsticks as false flags to trick the other team. Does that count as cheating or is it just an advantage of being a flashoholic?

thats COOL... obviously he with most Lumen/lux wins!! Feel sorry for the kid with the mm solitaire.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only flashlight story tag anymore is when I show up to a game of flashlight tag people go running for cover. :devil:
No one will play with me. I even tried handing out sunglasses once. :cool:
My friends all know better now... ;)

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did in Basic Training...before they gave us "real guns", they gave us plastic mock-ups, and op-for (opposing force) would "kill us' with flashlights, unless we saw them first. Yeah, we all got killed...ahhhh.....flashlight tag...

Latest posts