Olight Titanium Infinitum - Can anyone tell me why not?

Tink

Newly Enlightened
I really want to buy a Olight Titanium Infinitum and tonight I did!! Thank you.

Thanks for the editing, DM51. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: Olight Titanium Infinitum - Can anyone tell me why not?

First, I don't sell, I didn't buy my two precious for that purpose.

I don't know the prices, but I wouldn't want to spend more than the official price. The UI is great, whether you preffer the polished or the sand-beated one is up to you.

The quality seems to vary. My european has half a millimeter space between the head and the body, but has a lower low and a higher high than the american one. Both are brighter than the T10 though.

I rarely use mine, only take them out of their boxes to contemplate and to test them. I hope the UI will keep working, one didn't react one to loosening and tightening the head, the second try was a good one.

So, if you want a collection object which is very tough as well (but scratches easily), get one. If you only want a powerfull light, buy a T10 and an M20 for the same price or probably less! :wave:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll surely keep mine (sandblasted) mainly because it is a well-finished nice-to-handle flashlight. :)

Yes it puts out a lot of light too even if its rather narrow beam is not totally to my liking. The UI is easy to use even one handed and you can change level very quickly. :grin2:

I feel sure that you would not regret buying one and additionally you can always sell it in case you are not happy with it. :devil:

HKJ

Flashaholic

I think it is a very nice light, I have the European version and regret that I did not order a US version too.
DSC_3095.jpg

clintb

Enlightened

I have # 089, polished American version, and it's seen quite a bit of EDC duty. I LOVE this light. There's only one reason I'm sometimes a bit hesitant to EDC it, and that's the possibility of the lettering coming off. If it does, no biggie, I got this light to use.

If you can find one, BUY IT, no if's and's or but's, just get it.

DM51

Flashaholic
I have changed your thread title. Putting a "WTB" there was misleading, and no dealing is allowed here.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a pretty good light in general. It is a simple single mode light that's easily programmable from 7-200 lumens. I like the hybrid reflector that smooths out the beam a little.

There are plenty of other lights that are simlilar in function, so from purely a functionality standpoint, you won't be missing much if you don't have this light. The main selling point is that it is limited edition and it's made of titanium (not 6AL-4V though). It's something that people either appreciate or not. As you know, titanium of anything is going to be expensive, so I think this light is fairly priced.

gorn

Enlightened
The only regret I have about buying mine is that I didn't buy at least two more. The $125 price for a titanium light is somewhere between cheap and dirt cheap in my opinion. I use this light more than all my other lights combined.

I just wish I could find a nice leather holster for it.

clintb

Enlightened
Agreed, $125 for this light was an absolute bargain, not even considering it's a limited edition, though I don't know how much that will ever factor into its worth. It does what its supposed to do, and does it well.
The only regret I have about buying mine is that I didn't buy at least two more. The $125 price for a titanium light is somewhere between cheap and dirt cheap in my opinion. I use this light more than all my other lights combined.

I just wish I could find a nice leather holster for it.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with everyone's comments. I thought this light would just be a shelf queen. I now find myself using this light more than all my others combined. It is very bright, takes an RCR123, has a nice spot with plenty of spill, a perfect tint, latest R2 emitter, variable brightness levels, and a very simple UI, the Titanium is just a bonus.

Email sent Tink.

Bill

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
For now my 0049 high polished American version is a shelf queen. It is so pretty, I just don't want to scratch it. Although I have my doubts that a limited edition flashlight is a good investment that will appreciate in value, I am enjoying just looking at it for now. In time, if I see that it isn't going up in value, I may just begin to use it.

gorn

Enlightened
For now my 0049 high polished American version is a shelf queen. It is so pretty, I just don't want to scratch it. Although I have my doubts that a limited edition flashlight is a good investment that will appreciate in value, I am enjoying just looking at it for now. In time, if I see that it isn't going up in value, I may just begin to use it.

I agree with you on the investment thoughts. Mine is number 047 American version. I had never owned a titanium light before and bought this one to see what all the fuss was about.

Most people think a Mag on sale is overpriced. Well, we aren't normal in that sense. I have no intention of getting lights to someday make a profit selling them. I buy them for some unknown primordial "damn lights are cool" instinct.

There was talk of an aluminum version being released. If that happens, and they don't over price it I will buy some of those. That is how much I like this beast.

Burgess

Flashaholic
There was talk of an aluminum version being released.
If that happens, and they don't over price it I will buy some of those.
That is how much I like this beast.

Just noticed that Battery Junction has 4 new models listed for Pre-Order !

:kiss:

_

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about appreciation in regards to lights, but I can say this. I retail Olights in the St. Louis area and I had two Titanium Infinitums, I currently only have one left and I got $175.00 for the one that I sold, the 'regular price' on battery junction is $150.00, but as we all know, they are limited edition lights and of coarse are no longer available. I told the customer all of this and he made me an offer of $175.00 for the light.....
I had to sell it for that... I don't know if he just had more $$$ than sense or he just really wanted the light or what, but he was unbelieveably happy to have gotten the light I can tell you that much.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, probably should be a new thread. I'm sure it will get started soon. I'm a little surprised they are going to have 4 models, with all the different battery choices this looks like a major commitment to the Infinitum and it's interface. The different battery choices should make a lot of people happpy.

I'd sell my extra Ti Infinitum for $175 as well if someone really wanted one. I hope to get to my Spring cleaning B/S/T thread this week, maybe I'll put it in there.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened

I have # 089, polished American version, and it's seen quite a bit of EDC duty. I LOVE this light. There's only one reason I'm sometimes a bit hesitant to EDC it, and that's the possibility of the lettering coming off. If it does, no biggie, I got this light to use.

If you can find one, BUY IT, no if's and's or but's, just get it.
On mine (#66) the lettering seems to be lazer engraved so I don´t think you have to worry about loosing any lettering. I EDC mine and have found that small scratches can easily removed by twisting it in a strip of 1200 grit wet-dry sandpaper. Doing so gives a very attractive (IMHO) satin-like finish that is very easy to mantain. A little Krytox 50/50 leaves the front threading super silky smooth making one-hand ramping a piece of cake. This is definately a keeper.:twothumbs

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not surprised about the Aluminum Olight Infinitums, now being introduced. It was just too good of an interface to just have on a Titanium Limited edition T10 light. It looks like Olight has even improved on the Limited edition in several ways:

1. Linear function choices of strobe, S.O.S., or constant. I am not sure what this means and how this control works.
2. Lockout - a feature missing on the Titanium version.
3. More knurling than on the Titanium version.
4. Holsters are a free accessory

I am not certain whether the battery tubes that are being offered as accessories will work with the infinitum series of lights, allowing a T10 Infinitum to be converted to a T15 Infinitum. Does anyone know?

Sadly, it doesn't appear there is any clip being offered for the T10 or T15 Infinitums. Don't these flashlight makers get it? Again they forget that most people want a clip for a EDC size light. To their credit, however, they do provide a holster for the lights. It would be nice, too, if they would offer another switch option for people who would like to candlestand their light. This is the one disadvantage of the new design over the older T10/T15, although some will appreciate the tactical on/off more than the loss of the candlelight capability.

BTW, it appears that EliteLED.com already has all the new models in stock.

Last edited:

briteflite

Newly Enlightened
As the smallest of my CR123 lights #0036 is my EDC light for office environments and one of my favorites. The UI is bullet-proof, I just don't like needing to use two hands to ramp up/down - it's quick, but I got spoiled by a new Ra Clicky, which is now my EDC for everything except office. The Olight Ti is smaller and easier to pocket carry than the Ra Clicky. As others mentioned, the beam is a little narrow for some uses (reminds me of my TK20) When the Al versions are available, I will get one.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I own the two versions of the Infinitum, I now would advise you to buy the standart aluminium version if you are not looking for a collection object.

I had a look on the specs, it puts out 5 Lumen more and goes one Lumen deeper. I know that you'll not notice these output variations, the point is another : The UI in the aluminium version has been improved!

As I said in a previous posting, my two beauties haven't got the same output on low and on high, on low it is a fairly big difference. In my eyes, that brand-new UI wasn't really finished when they put it in the Titanium... :eek: