• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Ti CR2 ion - mint

Gary123

Enlightened
Mint, never carried, never unused, never sharpened, Ti CR2 Ion - upgraded by 4Sevens to a Q5. $225 includes shipping CONUS (more if to Canada or overseas) and Paypal fees.

tiion1.jpg

tiion2.jpg

Last edited:

hokoman

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Ti CR2 ion - mint

What does the upgrade do for the output? The Aeon is my favorite edc.

Gary123

Enlightened

What does the upgrade do for the output? The Aeon is my favorite edc.

My understanding, and someone else can pipe in here, the Aeon was designed to provide greater throw than the Ion. It probably still provides more throw than my modded CR2 Ion. But the Ion with a Q5 mod provides significantly more throw and output than the stock Ion. The increased output is very nice, but it was really the step up in throw that expanded the utility of this light. I also like that it is smaller than the Aeon.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also like that it is smaller than the Aeon.

The Aeon and Ion are the same in outer diameter and length. The Aeon is a wholly different light in principle from the CR2 Ion despite the obviously similar external aesthetics, and its design concept is based on that of my previous Nautilus.

-Enrique

Gary123

Enlightened

Sold to senorcosas! You showed up! I will try to get this out to you in tomorrow's mail.

William, I have refunded your payment for this light. Thank you so much for being a conscientious and reliable buyer. Sorry it didn't work out this time.

Gary123

Enlightened

... The Aeon is a wholly different light in principle from the CR2 Ion despite the obviously similar external aesthetics, and its design concept is based on that of my previous Nautilus.

-Enrique

Enrique - can you provide a couple points on the differences? Is the interface the same, same number out output levels, and what was the emitter? Thanks..

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

The photo donn posted is of a CR2 Ion that was modified by someone and had part of the case hacked off. The stock lights are the same length and outer diameter, as I said before.

Gary123: Olrac's links (and the links within those threads) all discuss the light and its features fairly extensively. A conical reflector with a highly lambertian LED for flood lighting is rather different than more of a point light source being used behind a parabolic reflector, among several other things. The CR2 Ion was released in 2005; it's a fairly old light and much has changed in the interim.

-Enrique